Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

I have a setup with below servers.

EV Environment

One EV server (version 12) with SQL and Domino Gateway server

Domino Environment

One Domino Server with 50 Users

Problem : I need to archive domino journal database (no encryption is used at domino level) with EV12 , but only 30 users. Domino journaling is enabled for ALL users. How can I configure Enterprise Vault to extract those 30 users jounal data only and purge/destroy remaining data of the journal database ?

** Condition : I do not want to put 30 mail rules for the Domino server for Journaling task (At domino Level)

Can this be achieved by any means using EV? Or this particular requirement is impossible with Domino ?

Thank You !

BR,

Srilal

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi ya,

I think the easiest thing would be to just configure Domino Journaling for those users.  

TS

srilal
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. This is not recommended for domino users like 3000+ and if we need around 500 users for journaling. Apart from the domino side, will there be any workaround from EV side ? Thank You !

BR,

Sri

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am not familiar with Domino, but is it possible to use SMTP Journal Archiving (i.e. can you have Domino send journal mails to an SMTP address)?

If so, I believe you can configure Journal filter rules for EV, where the users mails that do not need to be journaled are simply discarded.

Regards. Gertjan

srilal
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Gert,

Thanks for the reply. I will check with IBM support on that. I am still looking solutions.

BR,

Sri