Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault: new vault store for FSA archiving

FBattistin
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I have an Enteprise Vault server for Exchange in production and now will want to deploy also the FSA Archiving. My idea is to archive the file server data in a new storage device, so I think to configure a new Vault Store Group with a new Vault Store and a new partition and archive the file in this new separated vault store: This configuration is supported? Can I manage two separated vault store, one for Exchange and one for FSA at the same time? There are the best practice? In the configured vault store (used for Exchange archiving) I configured also the migration in the secondary storage.

Thank you for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes you can what you suggested. There is no problem.

If you keep the vault stores in the *same* vault store group (and enable sharing) it means that potentially you'll get space savings from OSIS.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes you can what you suggested. There is no problem.

If you keep the vault stores in the *same* vault store group (and enable sharing) it means that potentially you'll get space savings from OSIS.

FBattistin
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Rob, thank you for your answer.

I read that it's possible to leave only one partion open; this limit is only for multiple partition in the same vault store? So if I put the new vault store in the existing group, can I leave the two partition open? 

I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but my ideas are a bit confused....

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes it's per vault store.

FBattistin
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Rob, thank you for your support