cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault sizing

ecrgvp
Level 4

Hello,

I have a question around Enterprise vault server sizing. We have used tools like EV Store reporter to find the exchange statistics. Is there a tool that would help us use the store reporter statistics as input and determine the enterprise vault server sizing..If yes, please share the information.

Thanks

V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

there aren't many that i'm aware of, to be honest i would suggest contacting symantec or a reseller, because although this is short of being a dark art, it is something they do day in day out across many environments, and Enterprise Vault being an expensive product is not one of those ones where you want to try and cut corners on installation and deployment.

Not planning correctly at the beginning has the possibility of having big rammifications down the road when it is difficult at best to make any infrastructure changes to how your Enterprise Vault is deployed

But as far as i'm aware there are more moving pieces than just the store reporter that need to be taken in to consideration

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

there aren't many that i'm aware of, to be honest i would suggest contacting symantec or a reseller, because although this is short of being a dark art, it is something they do day in day out across many environments, and Enterprise Vault being an expensive product is not one of those ones where you want to try and cut corners on installation and deployment.

Not planning correctly at the beginning has the possibility of having big rammifications down the road when it is difficult at best to make any infrastructure changes to how your Enterprise Vault is deployed

But as far as i'm aware there are more moving pieces than just the store reporter that need to be taken in to consideration

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

There are no available "tools" for interpetation of the ESR results.  I would recommned that you contact a Symantec consulting partner for assistance in design of an Enterprise Vault environment.  There are a number of separate data points, in addition to the information that the ESR provides, that go into proper sizing and scaling of an EV infrastructure.  Also, the info provide by the ESR is just a snapshot of what is currently in Exchange.  It doesn't account for Journaling, PSTs, etc...

My 2 cents ...

ecrgvp
Level 4

Are there any performance benchmarks that are available?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Dont try and size this yourself. If you have no experience with the product work with a Symantec partner of with Symantec directly to have your environment investigated and a solution designed for you. It costs less to do it right the first time than do it wrong and pay to get it fixed.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there are a couple tools available to symantec partners for interpreting the results from the store reporter by importing the XML files. one is a sizing estimator and the other is a ESR data analyzer. they are very complex and again, are only available to partners.

i will reiterate what the other experts have said. it is strongly recommended that you work with an expert on this. do it right the first time.