cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault wont archivie

hystad
Level 4

Ive just set up an Enterprise vault server , and my problem is that it only archivie from the client side , i cant archive from the server side, if i turn on archive task on a mailbox from the administration console nothing happens. Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hystad
Level 4

Yeah noticed, i guess it was suspended since i clicked the user decides when enabling the mailbox, then you should get a welcome mail, letting you enable archiving. But when i reenabled the user i chose immedietly and now it dosent show as suspended.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

The very 1st thing to check is the exchange policy , Make sure you have archiving rule in place and there are items matching the archiving rule.Try running the task in report mode and verify in the report that there are item eligible for archiving . Is this a test enviornment ?

hystad
Level 4

Yeah, im only testing it on a test mailbox. but its in the production domain. But the text mailbox is the only one in the provisioning group

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

What's is your mailbox archiving policy? How much emails or how old are the emails in your test mailbox?

hystad
Level 4

Ive checked the policy and its fine, maybe its a permission problem, but ive given the vault service account the rights it needs in exchange and sql

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically new installs its something like the vault store has no open partitions (i.e the partition is set to Ready or closed, but not open) or the Vault store itself is in read only mode

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

What is the archving rule set to ? Do you have the option to check to archvie unread email , as emails might not get archvied because they are not read? IF there would be apermission issue the task would have fail. Chaeck the event log and see if there is any error , and also check the report .

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You are pretty much guessing the issue rather than trying to troubleshooting the appropriate way.

Have you tried running the archiving task in report mode against the test mailbox as RahulG suggested? and if so what does the report say about the test mailbox. It should tell you how many items are eligible for archiving etc.

Have you dtrace the archive task to see what is happening when you try to archive the test mailbox using the schedule archiving task or manually do a Run Now? 

When you say the policy is fine can you define 'fine'?

Let us know the provisioning details, the archiving policy details and the test mailbox details, it will be much easier for us to point you in the right direction with the appropriate details.

hystad
Level 4

Ive checked the vault stores, and they are set to open, and the permissions to the store folders are ok. Im not sure where the problem is

hystad
Level 4

Ive not checked to archive unread mail, since i have none. Ill try what you guys said, and ill come back to you.

hystad
Level 4

Ive run report mode, and ive noticed that on mailbox state it says suspended. the report is impossible to paste into the thread.

I disabled the mailbox, and enabled it, and said it should start archiving immedietly acuring to the Default archiving policy, last time i enabled it i chose user decides, but i didnt get the welcome message etc. so i couldnt.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If a mailbox shows as SUSPENDED...

Manual archiving from the client will work - as you have described

Background/scheduled/run-now from the server - won't.

(Just tested it all FYI)

Working for cloudficient.com

hystad
Level 4

Yeah noticed, i guess it was suspended since i clicked the user decides when enabling the mailbox, then you should get a welcome mail, letting you enable archiving. But when i reenabled the user i chose immedietly and now it dosent show as suspended.

hystad
Level 4

I have to thanks for great help guys.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome.

Working for cloudficient.com