cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 20491 when trying to open archived file from placeholder EV 8

Rgarner
Level 3

I'm testing Ent. Vault 8 File System Archiving only and i've archived a small folder of files replacing them with placeholders.  When I go to recall the file by clicking the placeholder nothing happens and I receive error 20491 in the EV log on the file server. 

I have done the procedure to add the EV webserver to the Local Intranet sites on the target file server and disable the antivirus software (just in case that was the problem).  Still I get errors when using the placeholders.  The error says the the webserver is available but not configured for Enterprise Vault.  I do a search using the web interface and find the archived files but cant restore them for there either. 

Can anyone tell how the webserver should be configured for Enterprise Vault?

Here is the error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: File Placeholder Service
Event ID: 20491
Date:  2/12/2009
Time:  1:03:17 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: 

Description:
Error downloading file: \\?\E:\Software\NEW Customer Orientation Guide 053105.doc, Url: http://xxx.xxxx.org/EnterpriseVault/download.asp?VaultID=1798334AA1CCEF44A904B9A2B2B08BCB81110000evs...
Error The web server is available, but is not correctly configured for Enterprise Vault   [0xc0045031]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just loooking at other cases that have had the error 0xc0045031they seem to indicate that there has been a problem with installation somewhere along the line and the EnterpriseVault Virtual Directory has not been created.

Can you please check in IIS on the Vault Server and ensure that there is an EnterpriseVault Virtual Directory underneath the Default Web Site.

If that is not there then try a reinstall of the binaries

If it is there then check that Active Server Pages are not prohibited in the web service extensions section

If the above are fine then with the few cases that have had this problem there has been a bit of troubleshooting involved so I would recommend opening a support case so we can got through this with you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just loooking at other cases that have had the error 0xc0045031they seem to indicate that there has been a problem with installation somewhere along the line and the EnterpriseVault Virtual Directory has not been created.

Can you please check in IIS on the Vault Server and ensure that there is an EnterpriseVault Virtual Directory underneath the Default Web Site.

If that is not there then try a reinstall of the binaries

If it is there then check that Active Server Pages are not prohibited in the web service extensions section

If the above are fine then with the few cases that have had this problem there has been a bit of troubleshooting involved so I would recommend opening a support case so we can got through this with you.

Rgarner
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  I didnt open a support ticket and we couldnt figure the problem out.  So i decided to start over and reinstall the OS and EV 8.  Since It was only a test I figured that to start clean would be best.

thanks again.

rouute
Level 6
similar error for me.

same event

Error downloading file: \\?\Y:\HQ_UserShares\M_Users\AWF\New Folder\WAR\2003\WWR 6-20-03.doc, Url: http://evaultvs01.ad.msnet.atf.gov/EnterpriseVault/download.asp?VaultID=1148148D87D45B441B7B9B652AF0F192C1110000EVSite01&SavesetId=341300000000000~200306201830100000~0~9F93D16798994EBF8942A8B4DD5E6E0&Request=NativeItem&EVHeaders=1

Error Unspecified error [0x80004005]