Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error DAG.

Magnus_SE
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello!

Got a customer that run Exchange 2010 w. one DAG server and EV 10.0.0.3.

The DAG server is added to EV Targets.And does also have an Exchange Archiving task.

But I have an error regadring the dag server :

Error:41447

There has not been a mailbox syncronisation with Exchange server DAGNAME since 2013-12-23

If I do a manual syncronisation i get the errors in the eventviwer:

Varning,3356:

Enterprise Vault cannot process this Exchange Server because none of the users on this server has been processed by the provisioning task.

Do the following:

1. Ensure that provisioning groups have been defined.
 2. Run the provisioning task.
 3. Run mailbox synchronization/archiving again.

Exchange Server: 'DAGSERVER'

Varning,2270:

A queued operation exceeded the retry count and has been discarded

Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for DAGSERVER

Retrieved a [MsgID_SynchronizeAllMailboxesEx (60)] MSMQ message on queue [EXCHANGESERVER\Private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for DAGSERVER 130828102214 A7], but it's retry count [4] exceeds the maximum retry limit [3]. 

If I take a look at the DAGSERVER archiving task there is nothing in the target property. (usaly its the Mbox db).
If I shoose to manually synronise one mailbox on the DAGSERVER archive task i´m unable to shoose a mailbox, I just got: No mailboxes found.

I have been reading the EV manuals regardning the DAG, but there is not that mutch info.

I read that EV will only archive from the active DB. does that mean that the DAG archiving task will fail like this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6

Well typically if you have say something like ExchServer1 and ExchServer2 and then you fail your DAG over from ExchServer1 to ExchServer2, you should have two tasks, one for each of the servers, and then ExchServer2 will look after the databases now homed from the first server.

If you have just the one task, ExchServer1 but it failed over to ExchServer2, there is no task responsible for looking after those databases or that exchange server, so no one will archive, synch or anything until it rolls back to ExchServer1

So really you should have a task for each exchange server, and then when a DAG fail over occurs, run the provisioning task, so that EV can detect that the DB's and users are now on the other exchange servers and those warnings go away

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6

Well typically if you have say something like ExchServer1 and ExchServer2 and then you fail your DAG over from ExchServer1 to ExchServer2, you should have two tasks, one for each of the servers, and then ExchServer2 will look after the databases now homed from the first server.

If you have just the one task, ExchServer1 but it failed over to ExchServer2, there is no task responsible for looking after those databases or that exchange server, so no one will archive, synch or anything until it rolls back to ExchServer1

So really you should have a task for each exchange server, and then when a DAG fail over occurs, run the provisioning task, so that EV can detect that the DB's and users are now on the other exchange servers and those warnings go away

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Magnus_SE
Level 4

Well I do got 2 tasks. for each Exchange server.

should i diable the task for the the passive server and thet if a failover occurd start the task? Did not quite understand (not native speaking english).