cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Error Enterprise Vault error when trying to open attachment from archive item. Getonlineattachmentfilesize 0xC0041B0f

storch
Level 2

One of our Evault user is experiencing issue when trying to open attachments from his archive.

When he tries to open the attachment, it launches internet explorer and it comes up with the following error on IE window.

"Error Enterprise Vault error when trying to open attachment from archive item. Getonlineattachmentfilesize 0xC0041B0f"

I hope someone could give me an idea how to troubleshoot or resolve this issue. Not sure if this is happening on multiple users in our environment but only one user has reported this incident. Below is the version information of our EV server.

EV Product Version

EV Binary Version

EV Directory Database Version

EV VaultStore Database Version

Would appreciate any help you could give. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Storch,

Take a look at the event viewer and see if you see any Storage or DCOM errors. Restart the Storage Service and verify if you get any errors or warnings related to the service or any components related. Then, restart the Enterprise Vault server to see if the issue is fixed. If that's the case, you might need to to open a case with support for further assistance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you look on the Enterprise Vault server they're connecting to in Internet Explorer, have a look at the Event logs under Enterprise Vault and see if you see any Errors or warnings around the time the user attempts to open the item

Most articles I can find are around failing to extract the item from a CAB file (if you use Collections on your vault store) and it can't physically return the item back to the user

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Storch,

Take a look at the event viewer and see if you see any Storage or DCOM errors. Restart the Storage Service and verify if you get any errors or warnings related to the service or any components related. Then, restart the Enterprise Vault server to see if the issue is fixed. If that's the case, you might need to to open a case with support for further assistance.

storch
Level 2

Hi, JesusWept3 & GabeV.

Thank you both for your inputs. I will check on this further later when I get back in the office. Sorry if can't give you update immediately, don't have enough time, been doing a lot of work in the office lately.

I will give you update as soon as i can. I appreciate it!

storch
Level 2

Hello,

I've looked at the event logs as you suggested and found errors from Storage. Prior to this we had to restart the Evault server because the EV services are stopping by itself. We thought that the attachment issue will be resolved by the restart but it didn't. We then found out that the drive C of the server are running out of disk space from time to time so we cleaned up the drive and restarted the server again. It fixed the issue with EV services keeps stopping as well as the attachment issue.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions! :)

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Glad to help !!

One suggestion ... check if the VSA temp directory is configured in the C drive. If so, move the temp folder to another drive.