cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error generating Enterprise Vault reports

GuruPrasadNS
Level 4

Hi,

I am getting the following error while trying to generate the reports. Please help.

Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'EVReportsResources, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (rsErrorLoadingExprHostAssembly)

I read one article which is for SCOM reports and for the above similar error. The person is able to successfully resolve the above error by replacing the dll file which was in the place of EVReportsResources. I tried searching for EVReportsResources.dll and found in 3 paths but did not get one from the installation media. Did not go further.

Rgds, Guru.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GuruPrasadNS
Level 4
I had to speak to Symantec support finally and per advise ran the wizard to get the reports working. I believe this need to be done every time we move even .1 by version. Regards, Guru.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK so can you do the following for us

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\
2. Right click EVRT.DLL and go to properties and then  to the Details tab
3. What does it show for File Version?
4. Go to 
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\Report Server\Bin
5. Right click EvReportsResources.dll and go to the properties
6. What File Version does it show in the Details Tab?
7. Then go to 
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\ReportingServices\RSTempFiles\reportServer
8. you should see a folder like \13de8c64\97d4cdf9\assembly\dl3\73d536d4\00481b6f_e703cd01\
9. In that directory you should have EvReportsResources.dll as well
10. Go to the file properties here and click the Details tab, what version does it show here?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GuruPrasadNS
Level 4
Hi, EVRT.dll is under C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault and has version 9.0.4.1097 EVReportsResources.dll is under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin and has version 9.0.4.1097 There are no files under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\Reporting Services\RSTempFiles -Rgds, Guru.

GuruPrasadNS
Level 4
I had to speak to Symantec support finally and per advise ran the wizard to get the reports working. I believe this need to be done every time we move even .1 by version. Regards, Guru.