cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing PST from Barracuda to EV

ars
Level 3

Thanks Guys.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware version for the Barracuds and now see that I can export as I wanted to.  But, when I import the PST file in to EVault, the import fails and Event Viewer shows me the following:

Starting reconciliation for the store C:\PST\************.pst for the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.

This PST was never opened by any Outlook,  It was just created, then I ran the import tool.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Did you copy the PST to the EV server?  How large is the PST?  Can you open it in Outlook?

ars
Level 3

The PST file is local on the EV server.  It is about 1.2 GB in size and I can open it in Outlook.  When I first started researching the error, it looked like it was an issue with Outlook 2007 which was installed at the time.  I had upgraded to 2010 and it opened find on there as well and am still getting the same message.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you might need to run scanpst (an ms office tool) if the barracuda is creating files with something non-compliant in them.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to be aware that OL 2010 is NOT supported on the EV Server.  Refer to the compatibility doc.

ars
Level 3

I did run the scanpst which did find some minor issues and it repaired the file, but it still is showing the same message.

We are going to upgrade from our current version, 10.0.4 to the latest sometime in the next week or so.  Hopefully the new version is better with importing the pst file.

ars
Level 3

Thanks Tony.  When I upgrade to 11.x I will upgrade to Outlook 2013.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how'd it go?