cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on Enterprise Vault 11 - Deleted items waiting to be deleted from indexes

Ratt_507
Level 4
While starting Re-run all checks getting below error message for one of vault store:- Deleted items waiting to be deleted from indexes There are 999689 items that have been deleted from Vault Store "Store01" but have not yet been deleted from the indexes.
4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

There can be several reasons for this. One of them might be that you are not running the maintenance plans on the EV databases. See https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100022023.html for how to. Check with your DBA on this.

To check the amount of deleted items, see https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100039333.html

This has a query you can run against the vault store. If you run it once every two hours, the count should go down.

It might also be that there is an issue on the index server(s), check EV eventlog for obvious alerts (failed to remove etc.)

As you are on EV11, try to go to 11.0.1 CHF5, which is the latest 11 version. If possible, then upgrade to 12.3, so you get the latest possible version.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi, Maintenance plans on the EV databases - All Indexes are in recommended limits and maintenance plan schedule run on DB server. EV event log for obvious alerts - No such relevant alerts found on the server. We are on 11.0.1 CHF4 and no such plan for up-gradation. Getting Below error while running sql query on respective vault store Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Line 2 Invalid column name 'IndexCommited'.

The column in JournalDelete is called "IndexCommitted" with two ts. Change the spelling and the query should work. I'll update the article when I get a moment.

--Chris

Yeah, its spelling mistake on article, please correct it. I executed the SQL query against the respective vault store Database and getting lots of save-set ID's. As per the article:- JournalDelete This table contains information about items that have been deleted from the archive. If the item has not yet been sent for deletion from the index, the IndexCommited flag is set to 0. Conversely, if the deletion request has been sent to the index and has been acknowledged by the indexing engine, then the IndexCommited flag is set to 1. When the flag is set to 1, the item could either have been successfully deleted from the index or could have failed to be deleted from the index. ========================================== If the item has not yet been sent for deletion from the index, the IndexCommited flag is set to 0. => In my case, how can i correct the same.