cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on OWA Extension configuration

Sergio_Galliano
Level 2
I tried to install OWA Extension on my Exchange infrastructure.
I have two front-end server and three back-end instances on four nodes cluster.
All servers are Exchange 2003 Sp1.
I followed step by step the instructions described in the section titled "Configuring the Owa Extensions" of the "Enterprise Vault Installing and configuring" document.
On the back-end server the system logged the following error on the file "BackEnd2003Setup.wsf.log":
"ADO connection error: -2147217895 Object or data matching the name, range, or selection criteria was not found within the scope of this operation."

Could anyone help me?

TIA
Sergio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
I think you might be getting to the stage of opening a support call.... :(
However to make your life easier you could send them some diagnostics logs from the Frontend server. You can do this by configuring the EVFrontend.ini file and change the Diagnosticslogging setting to 2 or 3. 2 dumps a log file in the logging directory (as per the ini file) and 3 dumps a file and to the console. Make sure you switch it off again afterwards. It should create a per user log file once you try and recall an archived item.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You might get this error when your internal DNS Domain does not match your smtp domain. You might want to check that a valid smtp address exists on your system mailboxes for each server and information store. Then use that to override the DNS domain when running the scripts.

The only thing is that you then need to run the script from the command line.

eg.Cscript backend2003setup.wsf /dnsdomain:not.my.ad.domain

Cheers

Sergio_Galliano
Level 2
Thanks a lot, Ghost. That works and the issues on BackEnd Servers have been solved following your suggestion. Now I face another problem: when I try to get an archived message the FrontEnd server shows this HTTP error page
"The page cannot be displayed
You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe this directory should allow execute access.
HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.
Internet Information Services (IIS)...."

I noticed the server is trying to load the page viewmessage.asp without any parameters and this sounds a little strange

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Check, in IIS, the properties for the EnterpriseVaultProxy virtual directory and make sure that the 'Execute Permissions' has been set to ' Scripts Only'

Cheers

Sergio_Galliano
Level 2
Another step forward... Now I get the mails registered on KVS but if I want to read the entire mail clicking on the banner I get "Enterprise Vault Service not available. Reason: Failed to determine back end server".
I already have setup the default backend server key in the frontend.ini file (as suggested in KVS documentation) but it still doesn't work.
BTW: There is a Firewall between FE and BE configured as stated by Microsoft documentation.

Sergio_Galliano
Level 2
Just to add a bit of information... Accessing directly the BackEnd server (via WEB) is working fine. The IIS log file shows
"2005-10-18 08:36:59 163.162.xx.yy GET /exchange/USER/Monitor/Hardware+Error/SPOOL36:+System+is+unreachable:+Insight+Manager+Notification-51.EML Cmd=view&vaultid=18B932B617CA10E40A4722A50626B97181110000kvaultsite&savesetid=195000000000000~200412110916310000~0~E1EB0CA0365746B380440661B8617E8 443 cselt.it/user_alias 163.162.xx.yy Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 302 0 0"

It could be useful to know that the Host-Header od FE web server is an alias and NOT the name of the exchange server.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
I think you might be getting to the stage of opening a support call.... :(
However to make your life easier you could send them some diagnostics logs from the Frontend server. You can do this by configuring the EVFrontend.ini file and change the Diagnosticslogging setting to 2 or 3. 2 dumps a log file in the logging directory (as per the ini file) and 3 dumps a file and to the console. Make sure you switch it off again afterwards. It should create a per user log file once you try and recall an archived item.

Cheers