Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on provisioning report mode

JuanAntonio
Level 5

When I run Provisioning in report mode I get this:

---x---

Mailboxes on Exchange Server [SVR-EML-06] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group:

/o=pharmamar/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=mosibi2013 (state = enabled)
/o=pharmamar/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=emenos (state = enabled)
/o=pharmamar/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=sbenitez (state = enabled)

---x---

These users doesn't exist anymore. Their AD account was deleted as well as their Exchange mailboxese.

I have opened the MailxBoxEntry table of the EnterpriseVaultDirectory dabase, but they are not there. What can I do?

I'm running EV 9.0.5.

Thanks in advanced and best regards.

//Juan A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As Andrew and Tony have stated it will be because the entries are in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table in SQL and will need to be removed to stop these errors if the AD Object and Exchange Mailboxes have been removed from the environment.

Use something along the lines of:-

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
DELETE FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE ExchangeMbxType = '1'
AND PolicyTargetGroupEntryId is NULL

The above will remove any entries from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table that is a normal mailbox (not system or journal) that does not belong to a Provisioning Group.

****** DISCLAIMER ******

TEST THIS IN A NON-PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT TO ENSURE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS BEFORE USING IT IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT

As always it is strongly recommended to ensure you have a full working backup of your SQL DBs before carrying out ANY alterations to the DBs at all to ensure you have a roll back plan.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

here you go:

Event ID 41133 is generated during a Exchange Provisioning Task run. Mailboxes are not part of a provisioning group or deleted from Exchange.

also here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/mailboxes-have-entries-ev-db-which-are-not-any-provisioning-group-0

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hi AndrewB,

Reading your first article, the only thing I can do is manually remove these entries from SQL. I have done this some other times. But when I open the MailxBoxEntry table I can't find those users there. There are no entries for them. That's my problem. I don't know if I should look at anothe table.

Your second link (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/not...) doesn't work for me. Could you check it, please?

Thanks a lot.

//Juan A.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

sorry not sure what happened when i copied and pasted the link before. trying again... https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/mailboxes-have-entries-ev-db-which-are-not-any-provisioning-group-0

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Thanks AndrewB. The link is working now. I'll take a look.

Regards.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hello again,

What I have read is no exactly the same. They're talking about deleting a user AD account an create a new account for the same user. My problema is that EV says

"Mailboxes on Exchange Server [SVR-EML-06] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group".

These AD accounts and mailboxes where deleted. They don't exist anymore. But EV says they are. And they don's exist even in the MailxBoxEntry table.

Why EV knows about these users is they were deleted from everywhere?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you sure they are not in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table?  I would double check.

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As Andrew and Tony have stated it will be because the entries are in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table in SQL and will need to be removed to stop these errors if the AD Object and Exchange Mailboxes have been removed from the environment.

Use something along the lines of:-

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
DELETE FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE ExchangeMbxType = '1'
AND PolicyTargetGroupEntryId is NULL

The above will remove any entries from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table that is a normal mailbox (not system or journal) that does not belong to a Provisioning Group.

****** DISCLAIMER ******

TEST THIS IN A NON-PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT TO ENSURE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS BEFORE USING IT IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT

As always it is strongly recommended to ensure you have a full working backup of your SQL DBs before carrying out ANY alterations to the DBs at all to ensure you have a roll back plan.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

I have checked the  ExchangeMailboxEntry table not twice, but several times. This is not new. I have this "problem" since more than a year ago. So, I check the table from time to time. This is why I found this so weird.

Anyway, I'll check again and I'll try with the query you sent.

Thanks!

JuanAntonio
Level 5

I found them!!!

They were in the ExchangeMailboxEntry but with a MbxAlias different from the one in the Exchange Provisioning Task in Report mode log.

I could identify them using Ben's SQL query.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Kind regards.

//Juan A.