cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when deleting items/folders from Virtual Vault

AaronJAnderson
Level 4

I have a user that cannot delete items from his Virtual Vault. He is on Outlook 2007 and we are on EV 8 sp3. 

The error is "A folder with the same name already exists. Rename the folder."

This is very strange to me. He gets this when he tries to delete a message, or a folder. No one else has these issues so it's unlikely to be a provisioning group problem... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anil001
Not applicable

I had exactly the same problem. Whenever I was trying to delete any items from Vault folder I used to get "A folder with the same name already exists..."

Our IT support renamed the "Deleted Items" folder to "Deleted Mails" (or anything - doesn't really matter) and the problem solved.

Let me know if that worked for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just as a matter of interest, what *does* happen if you rename the folder and try and delete it?
I know there are warnings at least in the EV9 SP1 client that say that the folder you are trying to delete exists in the mailbox, delete the mailbox folder first , then delete the folder in Virtual Vault, i'm pretty sure its an evolution of the error you're getting

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Check for other Outlook addins... as I'm 99.8% certain that is an Outlook message, not ours.

Our message says :

"You cannot rename this folder because it exists in your mailbox.\n\nIf you delete the folder from your mailbox, you can rename the folder within your Virtual Vault.\n\nYou may not be able to rename the folder for some time after you delete it from your mailbox, because Enterprise Vault has to update both your online vault and your Virtual Vault. In this case, try again later."

.. that's searching our 8 SP 3 code for the phrase "Rename the folder".

Working for cloudficient.com

anil001
Not applicable

I had exactly the same problem. Whenever I was trying to delete any items from Vault folder I used to get "A folder with the same name already exists..."

Our IT support renamed the "Deleted Items" folder to "Deleted Mails" (or anything - doesn't really matter) and the problem solved.

Let me know if that worked for you.