cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after moving SQL to new server

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,
I move SQL server to a new server successfully with the help of TECH64655, TECH35744 e TECH75498. I am gatting the error below, stating it cannot connect to the old SQL server.

Task Category: Storage Restore
Level:         Warning
Computer:      EV01.domain.local
Description:      The connection 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=EVSQL.domain.local;Database=EnterpriseVaultAudit;Trusted_Connection=yes' was lost and the system is waiting to reconnect (Thread Id: 7132) 

Date:          25-01-2012 11:07:03
Event ID:      13397
Task Category: Index Server
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      EV01.domain.local
Description:
The connection 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=EVSQL.domain.local;Database=EnterpriseVaultAudit;Trusted_Connection=yes' was lost and the system is waiting to reconnect (Thread Id: 4896) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For odbc check, use the %system%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe !

Make sure you are logged in as the VSA. Verify odbc connection using that. It might be that it points to old server? Is the registry updated to reflect the new server? (kvs\directory somewhere)

If this all fails, make an alias in DNS: oldsql.domain.local = newsql.domain.local

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are the errors only for the Audit database? If there are connectivity issues then I would expect that error for all db's. If it is just the audit database then check the ODBC connections from the EV server within the control panel and the permissions to the DB for the EV service account.

Basic ping tests should highlight any connectivity issues too.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For odbc check, use the %system%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe !

Make sure you are logged in as the VSA. Verify odbc connection using that. It might be that it points to old server? Is the registry updated to reflect the new server? (kvs\directory somewhere)

If this all fails, make an alias in DNS: oldsql.domain.local = newsql.domain.local

Regards. Gertjan

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Thanks guy

I went backup to my not and realise that one step. It stated in case of sql error verify TECH75498.

It all good now.