Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after upgrade from V2007 to V2008

Morgoth
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hello all,

i have recenty upgraded Enterprise Vault 2007 SP4 to EV 2008.

After that i have problems archiving mails.

Here is what is happening:

- The archiving job runs normally but the items remain in the "Enterprise Vault storage archive" under MSQM
- After i restart the storage service (after backup), EV archives about 100 items and removes them from the "Enterprise Vault storage archive" queue, and after that it stops removing items from the queue and reports the following errors:

An exception has been raised.
Internal reference
.\ADODataAccess.cpp (CADODataAccess::ExecuteSQLCommand) [lines {1379,1381,1396,1414}] built Mar 25 13:23:31 2009

and

A COM exception has been raised.
An exception was detected in '' while accessing the Vault Database ''. [0xc004341f]
Internal reference
.\VaultStoreDB.cpp (CVaultStoreDB::AddSaveset) [lines {...,2871,2872,2873,2874,2875,2876,2877,2878,2879,2880,2881,2884}] built Mar 25 14:48:10 2009

After each restart of the Storage Service same thing happens and the items which are archived (removed from the queue) are functional and accessible.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Kresimir

7 REPLIES 7

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Are you on v8 RTM or SP1?
If RTM, then I'd suggest you upgrade to SP1.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Just had a look at the addsaveset function and it does quite a bit so this will not be straight forward. I think what you need to do for starters is setup a DTRACE of the storagearchive process, restart the storage service and reproduce the error. I would expect the log to grow quite large though so more than likely creating a case is the way forward but if you do this first and send the log in then that will save you some time.

Morgoth
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I have upgraded to SP1 and it did not help...

I have generated a dtrace log so ill open a case and attach it to it..

Thank You.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello Morgoth,

Did you manage to resolve this? How?

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan

GCSPT
Level 5

Morgoth

What lang for non unicode application is your EV server setup for?

Morgoth
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi,

i just got info from Symantec support.  Here is the Quote: "Just an update about the problem with Croatian characters and Vault Cache, currently the issue has been identified and it's likely to be resolved in a post-SP3 hotfix."

Also during the case there was mentioning that Hungary has same issues with Hungayrian character set..

Disabling Vault cache helps.

Regards,

kresimir

GCSPT
Level 5
yer, that's about right, I think we have issues with the different characters, something we resolved I think for Asian doulbe byte stuff but there are more characters that cause us issues. hope it helped you solve the issue or at least guide you towards the root.