cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EvAzUtil log

Poly
Level 3

EV 7.5 + SP3

Windows 2003 server, cluster enviroment.

Every day i get the same log:

EvAzUtil run at 08/09/2008 22:36:30
-----------------------------------

Command line options:
---------------------

Before Store              'C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\InitialConfigurationData\EN\RBA\EvAzStore_Inst.xml'
After Store               'C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\InitialConfigurationData\EN\RBA\EvAzStore_Ship.xml'
Update DB                 'True'
Copy After To Before      'True'
Log path                  ''
Save Original             'C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\InitialConfigurationData\EN\RBA\EvAzStore_Backup_'
Diff using names          'False'

Summary:
--------

Action                         Done        Ignored
------                         ----        -------

Execution Problem:
------------------

File does not exist: C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\InitialConfigurationData\EN\RBA\EvAzStore_Inst.xml
Return Code: FileDoesNotExist(7)

What is this log? and what "FileDoesNotExist" means?

thanks,

Poly.

Message Edited by Poly on 09-15-2008 01:45 AM
6 REPLIES 6

R_Meeker
Level 4
Are you running Roles Based Authentication?

Do you have the file? C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\InitialConfigurationData\EN\RBA\EvAzStore_Inst.xml the file should contain the authorisation store details relating to EV that is run when the logged on user is accesseing EV services.

Poly
Level 3

In that spesific folder I only have 2 files:
EVAzStore_Ship.xml
All Files.xml

I only use Roles Based Authentication for Help Desk users to archive PST files, if that is what you mean. If not, Can you refer me to Roles Based Authentication explanation?

The Vault user that does the FSA archive task is a Domain Admin, Full Exchange Administrator and a Local Admin on the File Servers.

Poly.

R_Meeker
Level 4

So you do use RBA for helpdesk to archive pst files. The error says what it means, 'missing a file'. Why it is missing this file I can't say, I suspect the file should be added when EV is installed as it just contains all the Ev auth store roles/tasks and definintions for you to access in authmanager. Can you operate RBA ok from the EV console?

Not sure what the fsaarchive task has to do with it though, where does this come into the situation?

Poly
Level 3
I only operate RBA from the EV server itself.
I used the RBA to gain the Help Desk user permission to use PST Migtrator.exe from their PC so that they can migrate PST files into the users account.
It definitely has nothing to do with the FSA archive task which is automatic and archives File System server.

I don't know what else to search for.

Poly.
Message Edited by Poly on 09-15-2008 04:05 AM

R_Meeker
Level 4

Hi Poly we seem to be getting confused, you mentioned the fsa archiving task run, which is why I mention it. As you say it has nothing to the with fsa archiving.

"The Vault user that does the FSA archive task is a Domain Admin, Full Exchange Administrator and a Local Admin on the File Servers."

Is you helpdesk able to operate pst? Are you able to create new roles for users and get them to work? If so I wouldn't worry, I would maybe rerun the binaries from the evinstall software to see if this file gets recreated. This means just reinstall it, not reconfiguring. If you are not experience in EV I would suggest you run on a test system if possible so you are accustomed with what to do

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

This may be trivial, but have you tried copying EVAzStore_Ship.xml to EVAzStore_Inst.xml?

In my environment, both files are identical to each other...

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.