cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evault 11 Echange 2007 to Exchange 2013 upgrade known issues?

mark_bowker59
Level 2

Greetings,

My company is providing an upgrade from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013 for a customer using Evault 11.0.0 Build 135.

Wanted to know if someone could point me in the path of white papers, known issues, any prep work that needs done in advance, etc., that could help us avoid problems during the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

EV 11 is brand new but fully supports Ex07 and Ex13. The main difference is going to be the way your new Exchange is designed when it comes to databases, replicas, and where they live. You can refer to the EV docs for setting up Exchange Archiving:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/enterprise-vault-11-download-links

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

EV 11 is brand new but fully supports Ex07 and Ex13. The main difference is going to be the way your new Exchange is designed when it comes to databases, replicas, and where they live. You can refer to the EV docs for setting up Exchange Archiving:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/enterprise-vault-11-download-links

mark_bowker59
Level 2

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply and the link.  Cheers!

Mark

senafr
Level 3
Certified

UPgrade from EV8 SP4 TO EV11

We currently use version 8.0 SP4 with Exchange 2007 and want to upgrade to the latest version of Evault for on a new exchange version (Exchange 2013).

My plan is to follow the following steps

1) From Ev8 to EV9 32 bits (in place upgrade)

2) From EV9 32 Bits to Ev9 64 Bits (new servers) minimum Windows 2008 R2 x64  SP2

3) Migrate SQL 2005 SP4 to SQL Server 2008 x64 enterprise edition R2 SP2 ( os Windows 2008 R2 64-bit x64 Enterprise)

1. From Ev9 64 Bits to EV10 64 Bits ( in place upgrade)
  2. From Ev10 64 bits EV 11 64 bits ( in place upgrade )

Please give me you advice about my plan