cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evault archive browser search from field

yxm
Level 4

I'm in the pilot for EV 11 new installation and I found an issue with searching in EVault browser. When the archived message has SMTP address (someone@domain.com) in the from field and I'm trying to search the sender, if I type "someone" or the whole address as a keyword, search returns result for that message. But if I type something less than the whole string before @ sign (e.g. "someon" or "some", etc.), search doesn't return that message even though the criteria is set to "Contains any of".  Has any one seen it or has a solution for it?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

try using a wildcard perhaps? like sco* or whatever

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB

can you post exactly what your search criteria is for the example your describing? 

yxm
Level 4

It doesn't matter the search criteria. Here is an example of the two searches described:

EVSearch1.JPG

EVSearch2.JPG

yxm
Level 4

Here is another one:

EVSearch1_0.JPG

EVSearch2_0.JPG

yxm
Level 4

Apparently this is true for any search criteria. Search does not return results for partial keywords. If the search keyword doesn't match the whole word, result is not returned. Is there a setting to enable partial word search?

AndrewB

try using a wildcard perhaps? like sco* or whatever

yxm
Level 4

Yes, that is exactly what I have found. Being new to EV and expecting the same search behavior as in Outlook, I just realized that it uses complete keyword search or wildcard. Thanks, Andrew.

yxm
Level 4

Now that I know the work around for partial keyword searches, my question is it there is a setting in the EVault to append wildcard automatically, so users wouldn't have to remember type it in?

AndrewB

sorry, no. i'd approach it as part of end user training.