Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evault modify retention and message

Olivier_Roux
Level 3

Hello

I search a solution to this problem :

I have set a duration of 9 months for an user, so the email older than 9 months from exchange go to the evault database.

Now I want to change this setting and fix to 12 months. How could I make to transfer easily the mails between 9 months and 12 months old in evault database to exchange (and to avoid manually transfert) ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In that case use the Export Archive Wizard to restore the items back to the mailbox, you will have an option to use a date range:

1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.

2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.

3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export.

But be aware that the restored items will not be eligible to archive until the modified date, the date you restore them, reaches a year, (if that is your new policy), unless you set the IgnoreEVDates registry key.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
In the vault admin console, go to the users Mailbox Archiving Policies and you can change the age based archiving rules there
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Olivier_Roux
Level 3

Yes I know this but the email that are on evault storage are not transfered automaticaly in exchange pool.

I want that the email between 9 and 12 months come back to exchange server and not evault archive.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
So you want to restore anything younger than 12 months from EV to exchange?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Olivier_Roux
Level 3

younger than 12 months (the new duration) and older than 9 months (the old duration)

TonySterling

I would not recommend trying to restore the mail back, instead change the policy and just let the new policy take affect.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I agree with Tony, just let the policy run. The result will be that from now on all items older than 1 year will be archived, since all data older than 9 months already is archived no data will be archived for the coming 3 months.

Olivier_Roux
Level 3

yes but no

I know that if I wait all the mails will be OK

but the directors want to have now their email (between 9 and 12 months)

Thansk

TonySterling

In that case use the Export Archive Wizard to restore the items back to the mailbox, you will have an option to use a date range:

1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.

2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.

3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export.

But be aware that the restored items will not be eligible to archive until the modified date, the date you restore them, reaches a year, (if that is your new policy), unless you set the IgnoreEVDates registry key.

Olivier_Roux
Level 3

Thanks

It is what I want

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Depending on your setup, you can use the archive explorer, virtual vault or just click the shortcuts to open the messages.

Prone2Typos

If you have shortcuts and alot of users to reacall the items from you may want to consider a third party utility like ART: http://www.globanet.com/products-services/products-2/enterprise-vault-tools#art

You could then apply your policy and the registry key Tony mentioned and re-archive the content based on the new policy.

For a few users the Export would probably work. Personally I have had inconsistant results with getting the shortcuts all removed and have not narrowed that down yet.

Let me know if you want me to get someone to reach out to you related to this tool.

Also if the postings above resolved your issue ... please mark your thread as haivng a solution and where that solution is.

Thanks in advanced,