cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EvaultDuplicateCleaner cannot open connection to SQL server

ChelanCoPUD
Level 4

Hi there, I am pretty new to Vault so please bear with me, we have noticed duplicate mail items in our Vault mailboxes for some users. I have just inherited this case after a re-org of our organization. I am trying to Run the EvaultDuplicateCleaner to view duplicate items in Vault mailboxes but when i run the command i get this error. 

Error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL server. 

we have no firewalls between our Vault and SQL servers, and I have verified that remote connections are enabled on the SQL server that Vault DB resides. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello. I have not used that for a long time. If I am not mistaken, this was a tool for an earlier release of EV. (8 or 9). Depending on which version you run, this tool might no longer work. What I would try first, is to logon to an Enterprise Vault server with the Vault Service Account (as that also has correct permissions on the SQL server), then open a CMD as Administrator, and then run the tool. There should be some documentation available on how to use it. 

You might also have a look at THIS link, which gives you some troubleshootingsteps.

Edited 18-11-2021: On the EV server, in the Registry (the KVS key), check what is listed as Directory SQL server. Use that to connect, including possible portnumbers. It might be that during installation a choice was made to use a non-default port). the entry should be something like sqlserver.domain.com\instancename:portnumber

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello. I have not used that for a long time. If I am not mistaken, this was a tool for an earlier release of EV. (8 or 9). Depending on which version you run, this tool might no longer work. What I would try first, is to logon to an Enterprise Vault server with the Vault Service Account (as that also has correct permissions on the SQL server), then open a CMD as Administrator, and then run the tool. There should be some documentation available on how to use it. 

You might also have a look at THIS link, which gives you some troubleshootingsteps.

Edited 18-11-2021: On the EV server, in the Registry (the KVS key), check what is listed as Directory SQL server. Use that to connect, including possible portnumbers. It might be that during installation a choice was made to use a non-default port). the entry should be something like sqlserver.domain.com\instancename:portnumber

Regards. Gertjan