cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event 45824 SMTP

TJensen
Level 4

We have a new EV12 deployment. We have enabled SMTP journaling. It seems to be working but we're getting the following in the event logs:

The Enterprise Vault SMTP service rejected a connection.           
The cause of problem is likely to be one of the following:           
 - An unauthorized computer is trying to connect to Enterprise Vault SMTP server.           
 - The remote computer trying to connect is a legitimate sender. But it has not been added to list of computers allowed to connect. Ensure that the remote computer has been added to the list of computers that are allowed to connect to Enterprise Vault SMTP servers.           
 - The Enterprise Vault SMTP server is either temporarily busy or it may have exceeded it maximum capacity for concurrent connections. Ensure that none of the SMTP servers are overloaded.           

Internal Details: Reject - chan:<unknown> host:servername.domainname.com ip:::1 reason:E-MTA-NoInChannel No matching channel found for smtp

There isn't an EV12 specific article about this. I have increased the thread count and verified that the exchange servers are in the access control list. What's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TJensen
Level 4

The "solution" on this is a little weird.

I added the hostname of the EV server to the list of allowed computers for SMTP and the warnings went away. So there's some kind of recursion going on with SMTP.

I haven't heard back from support as to whether this is a supported solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there, 

This is quite strange indeed. I suggest logging a case to get this checked by Support.

--Virgil

TJensen
Level 4

The "solution" on this is a little weird.

I added the hostname of the EV server to the list of allowed computers for SMTP and the warnings went away. So there's some kind of recursion going on with SMTP.

I haven't heard back from support as to whether this is a supported solution.