cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Event ID 3188 - After attempting to synchronize an Exchange Journal Mailbox target

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello

Today, while troubleshooting a journaling issue in one of environment (Enterprise vault 9.0.1), I was struck in exact same issue documented in below technote:

Event ID 3188: "An error occurred performing a request to synchronize the mailbox" is recorded in th...

Although the issue mentioned in document is exact & accurate, the solution provided is not.

The document says "Update the 'LastModified' date that is recorded in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table for Journal Mailbox target so that it matches the current date and time."

However, after following same procedure, I was unable to resolve the issue. Then reviewrng DTRACE logs more closely, I figured that EV is trying to march LastModifiedTime in SQL to PR_Creation_Time stamped for mailbox's folder "Top of Information Store"

I used MFCMapi to determine PR_Creation_Time and mapped exact same time into SQL LastModifiedTime column and voila - sync started working fine.

Just sharig information in case someone else stumbles upton same.

Thank You

AKL

0 REPLIES 0