cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 3384 following upgrade to v8sp1

trooper
Level 3
Following an upgrade from v7.5 to 8sp1 we have started to receive multiple warning events with event id 3384

The following item has been copied in the mailbox but it could not be updated in the archive.

Mailbox: /o=SAUGOV/ou=SITE01/cn=Recipients/cn=bloggsj
Folder: \inbox\stuff
Title: mail stuff 

Reason: <0x80040302>

At the same time we are getting a build up of messages in the A6 queue which is gradually going down(slowly)

Any idea what is happening

thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

trooper
Level 3
Following the move of the vault databases onto a separate SQL server we have not received anymore of these events :)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Not been seen before doing an internal search the combination of 3384 and 0x80040302 but I can tell you that the Reason error code is a MAPI error which equates to MAPI_E_INVALID_TYPE

Are the errors always the same user and looking at the user name was this a test mailbox of some description as it is called bloggsj????

trooper
Level 3
hi paul,
no they are on differing users and I changed the recipient name to bloggsj in the above post
we've had about 400 of these errors since the upgrade was completed and about 15 users appear in the eventlogs

the errors appear to be happening when the vault is in backup mode

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you checked your schedule to be sure the Archive task isn't running whilst EV is in Backup Mode?

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
The only similar error that has been seen is with a reason of:-

Reason: Item's Retention Category cannot be updated. The original Retention Category is on hold but new Retention Category is not

Do you see this at all?
If not then I would suggest logging a case with us and add to the case a DTRACE of the archivetask process whilst the errors are generated as that will be the first thing that is requested.

Also have a look at the article section for one written by Wayne called MAPI troubleshooting as you will be requested to do that as well due to the MAPI error that you are receiving

trooper
Level 3
I have raised a call and at the moment we are looking to move the SQL database to another server as we have both EV and SQL on the same server which was fine for previous versions but runs like a dog in v8 so possibly the errors relate to this
I will update this thread once we have moved onto a new sql box and contnue monitoring

thanks for you advice so far

trooper
Level 3
Following the move of the vault databases onto a separate SQL server we have not received anymore of these events :)