cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 3492

PoorAdmin
Level 6

I upgraded to EV12.1 a week ago. I'm getting an event Id 3492 for one of my users. The doc http://www.veritas.com/docs/000109546  refers to running the  SearchFolderManager command. I have run the command with the DN as it describes but I am still getting the error when I triy to archive this user. Need halp. Not sure what I could be doing wrong. When I run it comes back with the following.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault>SearchFolderManager  /o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=MyUser
[Clean]
Usage:
    SearchFolderManager <MailboxDN> [CLEAN]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Awesome! Thanks. It turns out that I was running the command properly. I needed to increase the reg entry value for "SearchFolderCreationThreshold" from the default of 40,000 to an amount above the folder size in the archive that I was working with. For instance if the item count is 60,000 then I would need to increase the reg value to an amount above 60,000.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Have you tried it with quotes?

SearchFolderManager  "/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=MyUser"

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

PoorAdmin,

Take another look at the article now. I just updated it with some screenshots and a script that should take some of the guesswork out of this process.

--Chris

Awesome! Thanks. It turns out that I was running the command properly. I needed to increase the reg entry value for "SearchFolderCreationThreshold" from the default of 40,000 to an amount above the folder size in the archive that I was working with. For instance if the item count is 60,000 then I would need to increase the reg value to an amount above 60,000.

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate,

Just be aware that if you increase this value above 40,000 you may face some quite serious performance issues on both Exchange and EV. Sharing this from experience.

My recommendation is to keep that to the default value and run the SearchFolderManager command to create the necessary search folders.

--Virgil