cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 41008, 41263, 41257, 41259

servicedesk
Level 2
Good Day,

I have following problems, my Enterprise Vault is getting into backup mode automatically with following Event-ID's 41008 (New items awaiting backup or replication) + 41259 (Days since last check that newly-archived data is secure) + 41257 (Vault Store in backup mode) + 41263 (Index location in backup mode).

After I set them out of backup mode I still have Event ID 41008 + 41259.
EV is also entering the backup-mode regularly by itself.

I tried many of the solutions in your forums, performed several restarts and tried to track that problem down, but without any success.

The users are not able to archive their items anymore.
4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there are only a few ways which EV can be set in backup mode:

1. manually through the console

2. via powershell or in a script that calls the powershell command

3. Netbackup or Backup Exec will set EV in backup mode if you use their backup agents.

other than those 3, backup mode will not just happen on its own.

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

What is your backup solution? Even if you are performing backup you still need to notify EV the backups have taken place.

Are you using the Archive Bit method or trigger file method or notify EV of backups? Do you have a Centera?

servicedesk
Level 2

The only backup I know that is configured is NetVault, which isn't running at the moment.

I also tried to check the backup mode, but in the store propertys there is no backup tab.

s.PNG

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The backup tab is on the partitions themselves. If you know for sure EV is being backed up you can use trigger files.

The check if the Vault Store is in backup mode just click on the Vault Store Group and refresh the list of Vault Stores in the right pane and check the backup status.