cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 41163 Error: Error saving note: You are not authorized to perform that operation

Troin
Level 3

Hello Everyone,

It seems as I keep seeing this error in my event log quite a bit it actually seems to run continusly when archive runs, but I only get this error on specific mail file.

Event ID 41163  Error: Error saving note: You are not authorized to perform that operation

Subject: Um, I think this is a commute I'm going to skip.

Error: Error saving note: You are not authorized to perform that operation

Trace:    at DomNote.Save()
   at LotusDominoMailboxArchivingTask.QItemArchive.StoreItem()
   at LotusDominoMailboxArchivingTask.QItemArchive.ArchiveNote()
   at LotusDominoMailboxArchivingTask.QItemArchive.Process()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Troin
Level 3

Thanks guys, the problem is private folders.

Creating shortcuts for items in private folders would sometimes fail with Event ID 41163, "You are not authorized to perform that operation" [Ref 13746, E2676508]
The Domino Mailbox Archiving task would fail to create shortcuts for items in private folders if the mail databases had been enabled for either Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) or folder references. When this issue arose, the following entry would appear in the event log:

Log Name:      Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault
Event ID:      41163
Task Category: Lotus Domino Mailbox Archiving Task
Level:         Error
Description:   There was an error processing an item in a mailbox. The task will
               process the item again on the next archiving run.
Task:          Domino Mailbox Archiving Task
Error:         ... You are not authorized to perform that operation

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This was a similar known issue in EV 8, what version are you?

Event ID 41163 reported in the event logs for some items.

Article:TECH69645  |  Created: 2009-01-14  |  Updated: 2010-01-15  | 

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69645

Troin
Level 3

We are using EV Version: 9.0.1.1073

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Its definitely a permissions related issue
If you just google "You are not authorized to perform that operation" + Enterprise Vault and Domino, you will see a number of issues (such as enabling domino mailboxes etc) that all point back in one form or another to not having the correct permissions applied

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Troin
Level 3

Thanks for the comments.

Did searches on Google prior to submiting here, I checked the acl of mailboxes that works and compared to the one that is broken.

In addition check the ev id to ensure that the id was in the correct group that had manager access to the database that erroring out.

Would you have any suggesting where else to check.

TonySterling

As it only happens on that one piece of mail I would check it.  See if the user can manually archive it, maybe there is a bit of corruption with it??

Troin
Level 3

It is more than one piece of mail it is multiple pieces of mail....I am going to run fixup on the user mailbox.

TonySterling

Ah, I see.  I just re-read your OP and see you said "specific mail file", sorry, I mis-read that earlier as a specific email.  :)

Troin
Level 3

Thanks guys, the problem is private folders.

Creating shortcuts for items in private folders would sometimes fail with Event ID 41163, "You are not authorized to perform that operation" [Ref 13746, E2676508]
The Domino Mailbox Archiving task would fail to create shortcuts for items in private folders if the mail databases had been enabled for either Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) or folder references. When this issue arose, the following entry would appear in the event log:

Log Name:      Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault
Event ID:      41163
Task Category: Lotus Domino Mailbox Archiving Task
Level:         Error
Description:   There was an error processing an item in a mailbox. The task will
               process the item again on the next archiving run.
Task:          Domino Mailbox Archiving Task
Error:         ... You are not authorized to perform that operation