cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID: 41200 File System Archiving Task

calval
Level 3

Maybe I have not done enough searching, but I can't find anything on this ID # anywhere.
I am running EV8 (Server 2003 R2) and Sql 2005 (different boxes of course)
The path it is refering to, stops at C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033. 
This warning will come in bunches when the nightly File Archive task kicks off,  but they are inconsistent as far as when they do come. Some nights it runs fine, then I might get back to back nights of errors. Then I won't see it again for a week.

Description:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: File System Archiving Task
Event ID: 41200
Date:  8/6/2009
Time:  9:07:14 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: ARCHIVE1
Description:
The checkpoint file could not be saved. Check the permissions of the folder and the file.
 Checkpoint file:C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033\FSATaskCheckPoint\Corsql Archive Test File System Archiving Task_HA_Vault_ReportScheduled.xml

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blue_Nose
Level 4
Hi Calval,

Anymore errors since the manual change and if you check the FSATaskCheckPoint folder does it contain the checkpoint xml files created from either a scheduled archive run or manual run.

What is strange is what caused the location to change to the MAPI folder, if you are doing Mailbox archiving then possibly ESM or outlook ?

thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Maverik
Level 6
Hi, 

I can see that a previous case with the same issue was due to permissions for the Vault Service Account.

Verify that the Vault Service Account(VSA) has rights to write to the directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033.

calval
Level 3
It is part of the local admin group with Full control.
Is there more information I could post that may help with this issue?

Thanks,

Blue_Nose
Level 4

Do you receive any other errors/warnings in the event logs with the 41200 warning, such as 40966 or 40976

Also the location for the checkpoint file does not seem right as it pointing to the MAPI location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033

by default it is in the EV installation directory unless change in the admin console (drive letter may be different)

c:\program files\enterprise vault\FSATaskCheckPoint

What version of Outlook are you running on the EV server and what version of EV is it, i.e. 8.0, 8.0 SP1 or 8.0 SP2.

If you have outlook 2007 installed on the EV server this is only supported with at least 8.0 SP1 and a couple of Microsoft hotfixes as per the compatibility guide

calval
Level 3
Outlook 2003 SP3
EV 8.0 (8.0.0.1405.dcom)
No other errors either.
There is c:\program files\enterprise vault\FSATaskCheckPoint  with nothing in it.  I am not sure why it is pointing the MAPI location?
How and should I change it to point to c:\program files\enterprise vault\FSATaskCheckPoint ?

Thanks

Blue_Nose
Level 4
Do you have any version of Exchange system manager installed on the EV server.

ESM 2007 is not supported with any current version of EV, if ESM 2003 is installed, if you are not using inherited permissions this can be uninstalled, if installed this could possibly be changing the location of the working checkpoint folder.

cheers

calval
Level 3
I manually changed the location on the FSA task to point to:
C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\FSATaskCheckPoint

It has been a couple of days without error.  I will see what happens over the next couple of days.  Hopefully it is something that simple. 
I will post back on Monday one way or another.

Blue_Nose
Level 4
Hi Calval,

Anymore errors since the manual change and if you check the FSATaskCheckPoint folder does it contain the checkpoint xml files created from either a scheduled archive run or manual run.

What is strange is what caused the location to change to the MAPI folder, if you are doing Mailbox archiving then possibly ESM or outlook ?

thanks

calval
Level 3
So far no errors.
Thanks for all your input. Will post back if it comes up again.