cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 41268 Lotus Domino Journaling Task

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I'm getting this error when I start up the Domino Journaling Task. Recently the Domino admin brought up a new Domino server so they created a new task. Currently it looks like EV is not journaling from th enew server. I think this error has something to do with that problem.

The NotesDomains registry key is not configured correctly. See the 'Setting up Domino Server Archiving' manual.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp.

Event ID 41166

The Enterprise Vault internal SMTP domains have not been configured.

Message direction cannot be evaluated until the internal SMTP domains have been defined.

Refer to the documentation for more information.  

I'm also seeing this error now. 

Event ID 34

APP AT - Customer ID: 2 - An error occured in ProfileSynchroniser::SynchroniseEmployeeProfile while retrieving properties. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007203A): The server is not operational.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject()

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll()

at KVS.Accelerator.ActiveDirectory.LotusProfileSynchroniser.Search(String root, String query)

at KVS.Accelerator.ActiveDirectory.LotusProfileSynchroniser.GetUserPropertiesFromLotusUserIDOrCertificate(String ldapServer, String lotusUserID, String dominoCertificate, Boolean& maybeDeleted)

at KVS.Accelerator.ActiveDirectory.LotusProfileSynchroniser.SynchroniseLotusEmployeeProfile(ProfileRow profileRow, StringCollection& emailAddresses, StringCollection& allDisplayNameAddresses, ResultPropertyCollection& propCol, String& Domino_SyncError)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry, I didn't see your response sooner. But we need a dtrace of the evlotusdominojournaltask.

The archivetask process is just for Exchange archiving. So all it is going to output regarding the the evlotusdominojournaltask are event id's. As you can see in the dtrace.

If this is still an issue. Try another dtrace of the evlotusdominojournaltask.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jim_leggett
Level 6

Not sure if the new Domino server is in a different Domino Domain from your description.

But take a look at the following tech note for event ID 41268.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136010

You can specify that Enterprise Vault must perform a local address lookup for specific Notes domains. The local lookup enables Enterprise Vault to identify the Lotus Notes user name for messages that are addressed to alternate email addresses. The local lookup results can aid searching in the Web applications and in Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator.

This regkey will index all versions of senders and recipient email addresses. For example

Baron164@domain.com, Baron_164@domain.com, baron@domain.com,  etc, etc.

I don't believe this to be the cause of your new target failing to archive, but it is difficult to tell without a dtrace.

Regarding the event ID 34. This error is related Discovery Accelerator (DA) having difficulty performing a directory synchronization with the Domino directory. Looking at the following tech note there appears to be an issue with AD synchronization. So I would call this one in to verify any issues with Domino directory sychronization.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156481

Now as far as the new target server not archiving I would do the following:

From the Vault Admin console:

Target=>Domino Domain=> Domino Server => (All servers that are archiving) => Journaling location.

Select the properties of all Journaling locations that are archiving.

Deselect "Archive this journaling location"

Leave only the problem target journaling location selected.

Then stop the domino journaling task.

Then start up a dtrace of the evlotusdominojournalingtask.

Then start up the dominojournaling task.

Capture that information. It should tell you why that enabled location is not journaling.

If you can figure it out from the dtrace then call into suppport and we'll get you fixed up.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok here is what the log file contained.

DTrace trace log for server: EVGW01.domain.com
[Opened: 2011/08/09 09:44:37]

Windows version: 6.1.7601

Time zone: Eastern Daylight Time
Time difference to UTC: -4:00

-----

Enabled Trace options

Id    Name                             Detail     Include Events
7   - ArchiveTask                      Verbose    Yes        

-----

Display Filter:
  Include strings:
    EV-
    EV:
    EV~

Exclude strings:
    CMMStream
    DBFramework
    DirectoryConnection
-----

Current File Rollover Settings: 100Mb

-----

Running in Terminal Services session...
  Monitoring debug output from processes running in the console session
  Monitoring debug output from processes running in the current Terminal Services session

3 09:45:05.921  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~I |Event ID: 41039 The Domino Journal task 'Domino Journaling Task 1' has started.
4 09:45:08.640  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~I |Event ID: 41166 The Enterprise Vault internal SMTP domains have not been configured.|Message direction cannot be evaluated until the internal SMTP domains have been defined.|Refer to the documentation for more information.
5 09:45:08.656  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~I |Event ID: 41166 The Enterprise Vault internal SMTP domains have not been configured.|Message direction cannot be evaluated until the internal SMTP domains have been defined.|Refer to the documentation for more information.
6 09:45:08.671  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~I |Event ID: 41166 The Enterprise Vault internal SMTP domains have not been configured.|Message direction cannot be evaluated until the internal SMTP domains have been defined.|Refer to the documentation for more information.
7 09:45:08.703  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~I |Event ID: 41166 The Enterprise Vault internal SMTP domains have not been configured.|Message direction cannot be evaluated until the internal SMTP domains have been defined.|Refer to the documentation for more information.
8 09:45:08.718  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~I |Event ID: 41166 The Enterprise Vault internal SMTP domains have not been configured.|Message direction cannot be evaluated until the internal SMTP domains have been defined.|Refer to the documentation for more information.
9 09:45:08.968  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~W |Event ID: 41268 The NotesDomains registry key is not configured correctly. See the 'Setting up Domino Server Archiving' manual.
10 09:45:09.468  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <3216> EV~I |Event ID: 41086 The Lotus custom filter 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.LotusDomino.CADominoFilter' has started.
11 09:45:09.484  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <4848> EV~I |Event ID: 41086 The Lotus custom filter 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.LotusDomino.CADominoFilter' has started.
12 09:45:09.515  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <880> EV~I |Event ID: 41086 The Lotus custom filter 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.LotusDomino.CADominoFilter' has started.
13 09:45:09.546  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <5332> EV~I |Event ID: 41086 The Lotus custom filter 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.LotusDomino.CADominoFilter' has started.
14 09:45:09.593  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <1684> EV~I |Event ID: 41086 The Lotus custom filter 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.LotusDomino.CADominoFilter' has started.
160 09:48:18.238  [4284] (EvLotusDominoJournalTask) <6624> EV~W |Event ID: 41180 Enterprise Vault found encrypted notes in the Domino journal that do not appear to be encrypted by a user and that could not be decrypted by the journaling ID.|Check that you are using the correct journaling ID for this journal database. If you would like to archive these notes in their encrypted form, set the following registry value:|HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\DominoJournalArchiveNonDecryptableNotes [DWORD] = 1|See the documentation for further details.|Task: Domino Journaling Task 1|Journal database: TFCDMAIL01/domain!!jrnl\MJ12142010.nsf|Journaling ID: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\Data\Evaultdomain.id|Note IDs: b1e, 93a, aba, 94a, 9ca, a4e, a16, a26, abe, 9ae, bb6, b22, aae, ae2, ba2, c06, aa2, b6e, 9c2, a96, b32, aca, c82, c5e, 9da, 97e, 9b2, c5a, 952, a06, af2, b92, b12, ac2, bea, c42, b9e, aa6, 9fa, c4a, aaa, a66, ba6, 982, afa, a3e, a6a, a2a, bca, 92a, b0a, ae6

jim_leggett
Level 6

Sorry, I didn't see your response sooner. But we need a dtrace of the evlotusdominojournaltask.

The archivetask process is just for Exchange archiving. So all it is going to output regarding the the evlotusdominojournaltask are event id's. As you can see in the dtrace.

If this is still an issue. Try another dtrace of the evlotusdominojournaltask.