cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID: 4141

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4

I have Enterprise Vault 7.5 , today the EV services faild to start with this error

Event ID: 4141

Insufficient diskspace is available on drive D: for the Enterprise Vault to run

Enterprise Vault will now be shut down; to correct this problem, delete any unwanted files and restart Enterprise Vault .

Then i create a new partion for the vault store that i have on an new drive with a higher capacity and make it open but till now the services failed to start and i don't know why

Anyone have an idea ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

All Drives on the Server should not be below the minimum threshold.

This is not restricted to Drives where EV stores it's data, but to System Drive(s), MSMQ Drive(s), Index Drive(s)...

Regards

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MichelZ
Level 6

Hi

Either delete some data on the drive, as it is stated, or set one of these reg keys:

MonitorDiskFreeMb

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\Software

\KVS

\Enterprise Vault

\AdminService

Content DWORD

Forces disk monitoring of free space in megabytes instead of percent used. If this is set then the Warning and Critical registry values must contain a value in megabytes instead of percentages from 0 to 100.

NoMonitor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\SOFTWARE

\KVS

\Enterprise Vault

\AdminService

DWORD

0 Monitor resources

1 Do not monitor resources

The Admin Service automatically monitors memory and disk space resources, logging warnings in the Application Log if necessary and, in extreme cases, shutting down Enterprise Vault services. You can use NoMonitor to force the Admin Service not to monitor resources. See also the Administration Help topic "Modifying the Admin Service" for more information about the Admin Service and a description of how to control monitoring by editing the Admin Services startup parameters.

SkipChecks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\SOFTWARE

\KVS

\Enterprise Vault

\AdminService

DWORD

0 (Default) Perform memory and disk space checks

1 Skip the checks

Controls whether the Enterprise Vault Admin Service performs memory and disk space checks when it starts. If any check fails the Admin Service does not start and thus the other Enterprise Vault services do not start.

Cheers

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4

Dear MichelZ ,

Many thanks for your efforts, but if i do what you said i prevent the admin service from monitoring the resources or if used the first option to change the disk monitoring of free space in megabytes instead of percent  used.

i need to keep the monitoring but change the location of the vault sotre where the EV archive the emails ... as i desribed in my post a new partition was created in the vault store that i have on a new drive with higher capacity, so i need to use this new partition

MichelZ
Level 6

This does not help, as the capacity on your "old" drive is still below the minimum threshold.

You will have the following options then:

- Resize your existing drive (make it bigger)

- Delete data on your existing drive

- Move the old partition from the old drive to the new drive(http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35742)

- Move certain archives to a new Vault Store (you need either 8.0 SP4 "Move Archive", or a third party product like Archive Shuttle (www.evtools.net) or TransVault (www.transvault.com)

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4

Dear MichelZ

You mean all used partions ( closed or/and open ) should not be below the minimum threshold 

MichelZ
Level 6

All Drives on the Server should not be below the minimum threshold.

This is not restricted to Drives where EV stores it's data, but to System Drive(s), MSMQ Drive(s), Index Drive(s)...

Regards

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Also if you elect to use NoMonitor reg keys or not to let EV monitor its drives, EV will write to the drive when full and, bad stuff happens.

Follow Michels instructions on moving some partitions around or you can move index locations around as well. Everything in EV is pretty much moveable so you should never get to a place where you have no drive space free.