cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 6284

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi,

Looking for some feeling around the below error in my event logs.

When Backup Mode is set I recieve many thousands of the below, individual unique events are repeated every 5 minutes until backup mode is removed.

Event6284.jpg

My colleagues are deleting from, or moving items out of, their Vault Cache and I understand the error simply informs that the item cannot be removed from the archive as it is in Backup Mode.

Very little if anything in the knowledgebase or in the forums so I have been working with support and they tell me that this is by design but there are no public articles confirming this, the only article they have is internal and it is marked as "expired" so they cannot share it.

My query is, is this normal? Do other people get the same? Is there any way to configure the retry time? Surely it is not a good idea to send 000's of "meaningless" events. 

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elio_C
Level 6

Doesn't fully answer my questions but http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH205460 has been published.

Products affected 10.0.3, we have 10.0.4 CHF3.
My users are not deleting items from Archive Explorer at regular 5-10 minute intervals through the night.
I believe they are moving items from Vault Cache to their mailbox (no shortcuts).

New ticket logged (the 4th!) to try and gather more information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Depending on your EV version you can suppress the event id from being shown. If that would help.

If Symantec say it's by design, then push for a public article.

Working for cloudficient.com

Elio_C
Level 6

Doesn't fully answer my questions but http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH205460 has been published.

Products affected 10.0.3, we have 10.0.4 CHF3.
My users are not deleting items from Archive Explorer at regular 5-10 minute intervals through the night.
I believe they are moving items from Vault Cache to their mailbox (no shortcuts).

New ticket logged (the 4th!) to try and gather more information.