cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 6287 on EV Server

kigga
Level 3
Partner Accredited
We had a crash in our systems where we got a mismatch between our database information and the saved files(DVS files).
The database lost info about the saveset for two weeks. Everything archived before and after this period is ok,
When users tries to open an arhived e-mail archived from in these weeks, they got  the message " The requested item is no longer in the Vault" and Event ID 6287 shows up in the Event Viewer.

Is there a tool run or a solution to get these weeks back.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kigga
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I registred a case by Symantec support.  With very good help from them I used EVSVR to fix the missing items in the database.

To launch the EVSVR utility:

- In the verify mode: DatabaseReferences operation
- In the repair mode: RecreateMissingVSDBReferences Repair operation
- In the repair mode: DatabaseLinkages Repair operation

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Maverik
Level 6
This depends on a few things. Firstly what version of EV are you running? Have you got collections turned on.

There are some tools available however there are some limitations pre EV8.  With EV8 there is a new tool named EVSVR that at present only reports, but in EV8 SP2 due in about a months time it will repair as well.

kigga
Level 3
Partner Accredited
We are running EV 8 SP1.
Not sure if we have collections turned on. How can we check this?
Do you have som examples of using evsvr?

kigga
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Collections is not turned on.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
kigga,

You will need to wait for EVSVR in the next version, it will be able to remove orphaned SQL entries or savesets.

kigga
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi
Do anyone know when EV8.0 is released?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Last I heard was July, 17th, I think

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
15th July is current release date but as always this may change but have not heard any reason why this would be so

kigga
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi,
The upgrade to EV 8 SP2 went well. I do not know this new tool EVSVR and how I can use it o sync up the SQL database against the .dvs partition area.

After the upgrade to EV 8 SP2 we got this error when trying to open an dvs file from the EV server:
"Could not show this item. Please try again; if it still fails, contact your Enterprise Vault administrator."
Searching for this error I found this: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/296572.htm

But there is no solution. And regarding to this article you should only get ths kind of error when you run Outlook 203 SP3 or Outlook 2007 SP1. We are running Oulook 2003 SP2. This was not a problem in EV 8 SP1. Have also checked with another company which also have upgraded to EV 8 SP2 and they have the same problerm. This i s a bug in EV8 SP2.

Anyone?

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
You should be able to run EVSVR and the operation to perform would be Repair and the Option would be RecreateMissingDBReferences. This is indeed if your only problem is missing saveset entries in the database. A syou know the date range you can even choose that date range to process only

kigga
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I registred a case by Symantec support.  With very good help from them I used EVSVR to fix the missing items in the database.

To launch the EVSVR utility:

- In the verify mode: DatabaseReferences operation
- In the repair mode: RecreateMissingVSDBReferences Repair operation
- In the repair mode: DatabaseLinkages Repair operation