cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 7264 and 7292

Maria_Z_
Level 4

Hi,

I have 3 volumens that are marked as failed. I have tried to update the index volume but this failed, so I tried to rebuild them with no success either.

I have some errors with event ID 7264 and after this error I get a 7292.

We are using Enterprise Vault v7 SP1.

I have found the following article:

http://test-inquira.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH60452

I was wondering if someone with the same errors has followed the article above and if the index problem was fixed after that.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
First thing is when you have something as critical as indexing that is causing you issues and you need it resolved straight away, bet thing to do is to call support However what I would suggest is 1. Make sure the anti virus has the index excluded for scans 2. Ensure that you disable opportunistic locking onthe EV server (through registry) 3. Ensure you disable opportunistic locking on the server or device where the indexes are stored After both of these have been checked, double checked and triple checked, restart the server so we clear everything from the memory, close any file locks or handles on the indexes etc After this try your rebuild again If it still fails then you should start up a dtrace of the index server then recreate the error by running the rebuild and the open a case with support and post the log here too if you wish
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Maverik
Level 6

Really would depend if the index problem you are expereincing is down to memory etc. 

Can you post the actual 7292 event and if you have more than one 7292 with a different description post that as well?

Maria_Z_
Level 4

Hi,

I have a few 7264 and then I get a 7292 for each failed volume. They all have the same information. Please find the events below. The reference in the 7292 event is Open though and in the article I posted before the reference is ValidateFileChecksum...

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Index Server
Event ID: 7264
Date:  11/13/2010
Time:  10:00:55 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: ARCHIVE
Description:
Abnormal error occurred

Error:     The handle is invalid.  [0x80070006]
Reference: CSynchronizerThread/TR/dh
Index:     
Info:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Index Server
Event ID: 7292
Date:  11/14/2010
Time:  9:45:57 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: ARCHIVE
Description:
The index volume has been marked as failed.
Index Volume: [Index Volume]
Index Volume Path: [index path in server]

Reference: Open

Due to errors accessing the index volume it has been marked as 'failed' to prevent further errors.  The index volume will remain inaccessible until it has been repaired.

Maria_Z_
Level 4

Could someone help me out? Thanks

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
First thing is when you have something as critical as indexing that is causing you issues and you need it resolved straight away, bet thing to do is to call support However what I would suggest is 1. Make sure the anti virus has the index excluded for scans 2. Ensure that you disable opportunistic locking onthe EV server (through registry) 3. Ensure you disable opportunistic locking on the server or device where the indexes are stored After both of these have been checked, double checked and triple checked, restart the server so we clear everything from the memory, close any file locks or handles on the indexes etc After this try your rebuild again If it still fails then you should start up a dtrace of the index server then recreate the error by running the rebuild and the open a case with support and post the log here too if you wish
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146