cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 7270 Index Server Process Failed

Dowley
Level 3

Hi,

Getting this Warning appear quite a lot in my EV event log, cant seem to find much about it online, not this specific Event ID anyway. Anyone know any more about it? Full text below

Index Server process failed 
Index: 1BFF217D349EE5942AD47F2852F62DF8D1110000SERVERNAME/VolumeSet:4907 
PID: 11116 
Exit Code: 3 

Looked for the index folder named 1BFF217D349EE5942AD47F2852F62DF8D1110000 in my Index location on the server in question and cannot find it, so this may be the issue?! 

Error goes back a few months, so not super urgent, but trying to clean up the event log so it doesnt look so frightning!

Any help appreciated, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

So have you tried a rebuild or anything? Is the user still active and enabled? If you ctrl+shift right-click on Archives in the admin console and choose Find Archive or Folder and paste in the ID it will show you the user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

So have you tried a rebuild or anything? Is the user still active and enabled? If you ctrl+shift right-click on Archives in the admin console and choose Find Archive or Folder and paste in the ID it will show you the user.

Dowley
Level 3

Ah ha, didnt realise the servername was part of the Entry ID of an Archive. Located it, turns out there was a verify task that had warnings against it, stopped the tasks and i imagine the error will disappear now.

Embarrasingly easy to resolve it seems!

Thanks a lot