Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 8390 every 2-5 minutes

DonS_
Level 3

Evault version: 8.05

EVDA Version: 8.05

Hello, I am getting the following Event ID 8390 on my Vault server every 2-5 minutes.

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call.

Then immediately followed by Event ID 8229:

DirectoryService: CreateDirectoryService number of tries: : 6

Can someone tell me what these messages are?  I was running a rebuild of an Index on the journal archive, at about 97% was when this error started showing.  I am not sure if its related, I will open up a case with support as well.

Once the rebuilt of the Journal index was completed, I ran a EVDA search and received an error on one of the user's mailbox:

Index Search Fail: %1 Index: %3 Internal reference: %2 [0xc0041c0e]

I tried rebuilding this particular user's index, it would hang for about 15 minutes, then errors out with:

"There has been an error in processing your request. Please try again later. 

Reason: Unspecified Error"

I'm not sure if any of these errors are related.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Korbyn
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I've just seen the following:

Hello, I am getting the following Event ID 8390 on my Vault server every 2-5 minutes.

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call.

Then immediately followed by Event ID 8229:

DirectoryService: CreateDirectoryService number of tries: : 6

On a EV 8.0 SP5 implementation running on Win 2003 x64 system.  Was doing that for 10-15 minutes, then stopped.  Nothing was going on, nothing was changing, not even anything was actively archiving...