cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 8390, every 61 seconds

McCu
Level 4
Partner

I keep getting 2 Event ID 8390 errors registerd 2 times every 61 seconds (error details below).

Any ideas?

Error:

Event ID 8390

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

Unspecified error

8 REPLIES 8

Maverik
Level 6

What is your EV version including service pack level? I assume it is Directory service that is logging this error, are you able to capture in a dtrace the error being logged and post it or email it to me?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276120         

Are there any errors in SQL for example the application event log etc?

HolgerMu
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Do you have the option active that users can delete from the vault?

I often see the 8390 Event ID error when a user clicks on a shortcut that has no Element in the vault associated any more.

Or when the "move shortcuts" option is active and EV tries to update the location of a shortcut that has no element in the vault associated.

Cheers

Holger

McCu
Level 4
Partner

Version 8.04 on w2k8 64-bit

It the Web Application (WP)  that is logging the error.

I can't capture thwe error with dtrace as I'm not sure what is causing it.

There are no other Windows error logged.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

The error mention is "unspecified error" so I think is different from the above KB from what I can see.

Get a dtrace of w3wp and storageonlineopns as that should capture what's going on.

Mike

McCu
Level 4
Partner

I'm not familiar with the dtrace syntax,  What would it be for w3wp and storageonlineopns?

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

You will need to use the command line version of Dtrace where you can simply type

set w3wp v

set storageonlineopns v

log c:\filename

m

to enable full logging on both, write it to a file and see the trace on screen

HDavid
Level 4
Partner Accredited

or you go for the commandline Version and tipp "view" to view all the options available, so you do not need to type it out as "w3wp" you only need to set the number mentioned