cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Log Enterprise Vault problem

Remigiusz
Level 2

Hi

I have a Enterprise Vault ver. 7.5 and I have a problem with monitoring event log Enterprise Vault because there is "space" on the end. Could you tell me, is there any possibility to change name of this event log ? 
Is it changed in ver 8 or 9 ?

Regards

Remigiusz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

it's not possible to change the name as a service recreates the log with the expected name if it is not found. However, the trailing space was a bug which was fixed (definitely fixed in 8.0 and above)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

it's not possible to change the name as a service recreates the log with the expected name if it is not found. However, the trailing space was a bug which was fixed (definitely fixed in 8.0 and above)

Remigiusz
Level 2

Thanks, so now I have another reason to upgrade my version :)

Remigiusz

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There is Another trailing space issue in EV8+ though that hasn't really been acknowledged though So you have your event ID, category, sub category and time it occurred So you might have 13360, Symantec Enterprise Vault , Directory service The enterprise vault bit contains a trailing space andcauses some other monitoring and alerting services to fail also
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

JW2 -> I'm currently on an 8 SP 4 server, and, don't have ANY categories of Symantec Enterprise Vault.

Which event log are they from?  The application, system, EV, Converters?

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Sorry you're right, it's (Level, Date and Time, Source, Event ID, Category)

So like
Informational, 5/9/2011 5:22:09AM, Enterprise Vault  , Index Broker

Its the "Source" of "Enterprise Vault  " that has the extra space

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146