cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event id 7119 -- 'The file name is too long'.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Secured item verification failed for one or more SIS parts of a saveset. Following further information is available.
 Partition Name = MailboxVS06Ptn2
 VaultStoreEntryId = 188BDB35FF95B5B458FAFC63670B140931210000axa-ukvault
 Saveset TID = B0BAFEBC9F4BCED99EDFD170FFACD041
 Reason = The file name is too long.  [0x8007006f]

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

----------------------------------------------

We are receiving a lot of these on at least one of our servers everynight from 02:15 - 03:30am. It looks as though quota based archiving is not happening on these servers.

We have an incident open with Symantec support, but I am wondering if anyone here has experienced this kind of issue?

Thanks,

Jeremy.

7 REPLIES 7

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Looks as though the 7119 events are being recorded on 5 of our 7 EV servers.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

I have just noticed Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is installed on the machines with the problem.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

So I have removed the EESC from the remaining machines and will see what happens overnight.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Will be interesting to see if that resolves it and how this conversation with yourself plays out!  wink

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you have any obscure GPO's that disable long file names?  Or ..  remove the NTFS 8.3 short filename format?

Working for cloudficient.com

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

I have been told the 7119 events are fixed in EV9, and these are unrelated to the issues I am seeing to do with quota based archiving anyway.

The removal of the EESC did not stop the events from being recorded in the App Log.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So do you have any GPO's that are stopping 8.3 file names, or anything odd like that?

Working for cloudficient.com