cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EventID 40966 : Outside the bounds of the array

screamingfit
Level 3
Hi All-

Just did a 7.5 to 8.0SP1 upgrade that seemed to go okay.  Getting EventID 40966 errors in the SEV Event Log every 10 seconds, though.  Any ideas?

-----------------------------------------------
Source: Enterprise Vault
Category: Monitoring
Type: Error

A program fault has raised an exception.

Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Diagnostic:
Type: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Reference:

Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVMonitoring.exe" -URL:tcp://172.22.8.33:1073/a33e6a74_f55f_47fa_be95_4dbecde78f4f/KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManager60504909
Application Domain: EVMonitoring.exe
Process Id: 2668
Thread Id: 768
Stack Trace: at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryDBAccess.ReadEntries(String dnsAlias, DataRow drSelector)
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryAccessor.ReadEntries(String siteUrn, DataRow selector, TimeSpan cacheTimeout)
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryAccessor.ReadEntries(String siteUrn, DataRow selector)
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.GetComputerEntries(String SiteID, String SiteUrn)
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.IsConfigured()
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.Monitor(Object fn)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 The error does not go away with a restart of the EV Admin service?

Can you check the Monitoring DB in SQL - is it online without any errors?

Can you also run the Operations Manager web app configuration again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 The error does not go away with a restart of the EV Admin service?

Can you check the Monitoring DB in SQL - is it online without any errors?

Can you also run the Operations Manager web app configuration again.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If you cannot get to the bottom of this then I would recommend opening a case with support and quote ETRACK number 1636647. This is an internal escalation number for this issue that was logged.

screamingfit
Level 3
 Restarting of the Admin service (which, in effect, restarts all of the services) seems to have done the trick.  Not sure why this is but the error messages have stopped.  Thanks!

PF
Level 3
We are getting these errors too!!!   I've raised a case. (and we are on 8.0 Sp1

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
Just playing with EV 8.0 (without SP1) in a test environment and ran into this same issue. I did not notice anything amiss with the EV Monitoring or Reporting in my testing, but then looked in the Event logs for another reason and saw these messages, once every 10 seconds, for the last few hours. A restart of the EV services did make it go away. 

One thing I did do, not sure if it is related in any way, is change in EVOM the Monitoring Interval to 10 minutes, and tweaked a couple of other monitoring performance monitor counters just so I could see the Warning and Error notices.