Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EventID 41050

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I've an EV 11.0.1 that is archiving domino and I get a lot of time the error with evenid 41050

"Task: Domino provisioning task for dominotargetname

Unable to initialize Names and Address Book (NAB) session for Domino server: 'Failed to create Notes Session (mutex)' "

Has anyone seen this error before?

The solution is to switch the cluster but I need to find which is causing the problem.

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi superf,

I have a great deal of experience with this error, and it can be caused by a variety of root causes. I am coincidently working on a fix for one variation of it as we speak.

Do you have an open support case for yor problem or if not, can you open one, then respond with the case reference? I can then work with our Support teams to get your issue escalated to myself and confirm from there if you are experiencing any of our known variations of this error, or a new instance.

Regards

Paul

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Case number 09000576. We have just  switched the node and all is working fine but it's not normal to switch a cluster every time there's this error.

In my case it's seems the lotus notes client has a problem on the evdg server. When we open it, it tolds that the database is in use by another person

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi superf,

Thanks for the case number.This error is normally a consequence of other things occurring earlier on the server that result in the IBM C API getting into an 'unusable' state. It takes a bit of digging and experience to figure out exactly what is the root cause though, so I will try and get this escalated into the right hands so they can liaise with me and help get you sorted. We will be in touch through the support case shortly.

Regards

Paul

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you Paul

Patrick_Robbins
Not applicable

Hi, we also upgraded to 11.0.1.  While most of our mail is on Exchange now, we still have some on Domino.  In the past week I am getting 41050 errors as well.

Task: 'Domino Journaling Task APPS'

Unable to initialize Names and Address Book (NAB) session for Domino server: 'Failed to create Notes Session (mutex)'

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=11.0.1.0&build=11.0.1.3527&error=V-437-41050

I dont yet have a support case but can open one if that helps.

Pat

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi Pat,

Seeing your name was a blast from my past!!

If you could open a support case, that would be appreciated. Let me know the number by responding here, and I will get someone to gather the necessary debug data from your environment to confirm if you are experiencing teh exact same issue, or if there is another variation of root cause for this error that I need to deal with.

Regards

Paul