cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events 3305 and 2256 in EV 9.0.1.1073 on a Parallel install of Exchange 2007 and 2010

Nufane
Level 3

So as the title might suggest, I'm in the process of doing a parallel upgrade of Exchange from 2007 to 2010, and I'm having trouble getting EV to work for my new 2010 servers.  I keep getting the aforementioned Events (3305 and 2256) in the Application Log. 

Event ID 3305 states: "

The Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for 2010_Mail_Server' failed to log on to Exchange server '2010_Mail_Server' using mailbox 'SMTP:ev_system_account@domain.com'. Please ensure the mailbox has not been hidden, that the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server."

Prior articles point to permissions for the GAL but I can't seem to determine how to change those for Exchange 2010.  They also point to uninstalling and reinstalling the Outlook client which I've already tried.  I know the account isn't hidden from the GAL, and the server is most certainly running.  I've run the included script to ensure that the Vault account has the proper permissions on the server.

I can't move any mailboxes aside from a select few to Exchange 2010 as long as the vaulting is failing.  Can anyone think of something I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

the VSA for EV does not require a mailbox for Exchange 2003 or 2007, it is only needed for the throttling scripts and other permissions scripts to be run, so you need to move the VSA mailbox to 2010 or create one on 2010, and then run the scripts as the EVAdmi n and you should be good

it will not break anything for your legacy exchange server archiving

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you run the script: SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 after the installation of Exchange 2010 ?

Did you create a system mailbox for the archiving task on Exchange 2010 ?

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

In addtion to the above, did you create/move the VSA mailbox to the 2010 server?  Also, don't forget to run the SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 as well.

Nufane
Level 3

I've created the service account on the 2010 server, and run the scripts to create the throttling policy and set permissions accordingly.  The master account that I log into EV with and that runs the services is still on the 2007 side though.  My fear is that if I move that, it will break the 2007 vaulting piece.  Is there a worry for that happening?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

the VSA for EV does not require a mailbox for Exchange 2003 or 2007, it is only needed for the throttling scripts and other permissions scripts to be run, so you need to move the VSA mailbox to 2010 or create one on 2010, and then run the scripts as the EVAdmi n and you should be good

it will not break anything for your legacy exchange server archiving

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Nufane
Level 3

It worked like a charm, thanks!