cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events 6287 and 6281 problems

Staun_RTX
Level 4
Hi (again :) )

Well as a newcomer to this quite fine application you run into a lot of issues while testing. Once again I have a question.

This time it may be the file-archiving I have done something to. I have deleted an archive and file-server (cannot delete the test vault-archive though for some reason). Now I'm getting these errors

EventID : 6281
Could not obtain the computer name on which to query for an IStorageOnlineOpns interface
The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryVault object reported an error. [0xc00420c8]

EventID : 6287
Unable to fetch item from "".
Reason: The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryVault object reported an error. [0xc00420c8]
Saveset Id: 200903120000000~199608090030000000~Z~E066BA3F33A70C49DBAC99A1EF4E89B1
Archive Name: <unavailable>
Reference: [GOAFS]

Any idea how to get rid of these 25.000 event-items I've got in the event-viewer now :)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6
I believe this is due to orphaned placeholders. I.E. the data has been deleted in EV but not the actual placeholder.

This should be seen further if you review the FSA Archiving Report in the Reports folder under the Enterprise Vault installation directory.

You will need to remove these orphaned placeholders and this case be done using the FSAUtility -0 switch.  I would recommend perhaps run this in report mode first.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6
I believe this is due to orphaned placeholders. I.E. the data has been deleted in EV but not the actual placeholder.

This should be seen further if you review the FSA Archiving Report in the Reports folder under the Enterprise Vault installation directory.

You will need to remove these orphaned placeholders and this case be done using the FSAUtility -0 switch.  I would recommend perhaps run this in report mode first.

Staun_RTX
Level 4
Ahh seems to work. Had a few orphaned placeholders ( 2 millions :) )

Thanks.

Staun_RTX
Level 4
Ahh seems to work. Had a few orphaned placeholders ( 2 millions :) )

Thanks.

(argh, slow response on the browser and suddenly to posts. ....)