cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010/2007 CAS coexistence with Enterprise Vault

PoorAdmin
Level 6

We are migrating our Exchange environment from 2007 to 2010. We have cutover our CAS connections from 2007 to 2010. In doing so, we lost the toolbar shortcuts in OWA. We have EV extensions loaded on the 2007 CAS servers but not on the 2010. It is my understanding that the client connections for OWA go directly to the virtual directory on the EV server. If that is the case I wouldn't think that it would matter if the 2010 CAS has extensions or not. In any instance if any of you have been through this scenario any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You definitely need to install the extensions on the CAS servers for 2007 and 2010
The only one you wouldn't would be for the OWA Mail App in Exchange 2013 where it gets all the parts it needs from a URL on an EV Server etc

But for 2010, you will need to install the MSI which will install some EV files, edit the OWA Web.config etc for it to be fully functional

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You definitely need to install the extensions on the CAS servers for 2007 and 2010
The only one you wouldn't would be for the OWA Mail App in Exchange 2013 where it gets all the parts it needs from a URL on an EV Server etc

But for 2010, you will need to install the MSI which will install some EV files, edit the OWA Web.config etc for it to be fully functional

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

The "client connections" that are direct to the EV server are those for Search Archives and Archive Explorer, i.e. the Ev web apps. All the OWA integrated parts, like icons, viewing items, etc are done via the extensions installed on the CAS. This is the same for Exchange 2007 and 2010.

The difference between 2007 and 2010 is the toolbar. In 2010, you'll find the Archive/Restore/Delete/Cancel actions on the right click menu rather than on a toolbar. You will still find Search Archives/Archive Explorer alongside the Mail/Calendar/Contacts/Tasks buttons.