cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 Config

neilson
Level 4

Hi,

I am currently in the middle of an Exchange 2010 upgrade from Exchange 2003.

We are using Evault version 9 and have just fulfilled the pre-requisites which are:

• Creation of service accounts with throttling diabled
  • Upgrading Outlook 2007 + KB968858

With this now done we are ready to reboot the Evault server after the Office upgrade.

I am unsure how Outlook version on the server interacts with the clients archiving. As we have migrated test users over to Exchange 2010 my userbase is primarily still on Exchange 2003. Will the upgarde of Outlook affect my Exchange 2003 userbase now that I have upgraded Outlook 2007?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You need to have Outlook 2007 to archive from Exchange 2010.

You can have Outlook 2007 to archive from exchange 2003/2007

The outlook version on the archiving server is only required to make sure EV can access the mailboxes on the Exchange servers. As long as your Exchange 2003 servers are being archived, your users will be fine. Check 'Installing and configuring' guide, page 60 (additionla requirements for Exchange Archiving

TIP: while moving users, make sure to set the SynchInMigrationMode registry key on the EV-server. Check the registry.pdf as to why.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You need to have Outlook 2007 to archive from Exchange 2010.

You can have Outlook 2007 to archive from exchange 2003/2007

The outlook version on the archiving server is only required to make sure EV can access the mailboxes on the Exchange servers. As long as your Exchange 2003 servers are being archived, your users will be fine. Check 'Installing and configuring' guide, page 60 (additionla requirements for Exchange Archiving

TIP: while moving users, make sure to set the SynchInMigrationMode registry key on the EV-server. Check the registry.pdf as to why.

Regards. Gertjan