Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 and SEV 9.0

Nick007
Level 3
Partner

Hello

In my environment I have two Exchange 2010 MBX server (MBX1 and MBX2) in DAG group with three mailbox database. Two mailbox databases have active copy on MBX1 and one mailbox database have active copy on MBX2.

My question is: Do I need one system mailbox or two system mailbox on each MBX servers?

If I need one system mailbox is it OK that is created on any mailbox database?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi, from the docs ("Creating the Enterprise Vault system mailbox"):

You must create an Enterprise Vault system mailbox on each Exchange Server that you want Enterprise Vault to archive.

Note:
If you use database availability groups (DAGs) in your Exchange Server 2010 environment, you must create each Enterprise Vault system mailbox in a database that is replicated across the DAG.

Nick007
Level 3
Partner

OK, so I need system mailbox on each MBX Exchange server. Will my configuration of MBX databse work correctly?

Regards

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Check this thread:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-do-i-add-multiple-ex2010-mailbox-servers-within-dag-ev9

It has a pdf from the user how to do it.

Regards. Gertjan

Nick007
Level 3
Partner

Hello

Thank you for your answer. PDF document is very good but I have one big question.

After I set archiving task for bouth Exchange MBX server can I have two mailbox databases on MBX1 and one mailbox databse on MBX2?

Will this configuration work?

Regards