cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange archiving task fail

MastroBirraio
Level 3

Hi.

Exchange archiving task fail with message "Failed to synchronize Enterprise Vault with details from Exchange Server" Reason: The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficent permissions to perform the operation.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled MSMQ. Service starting without issues. Permissions are ok.

Trace log report this

{CArchivingAgentQueue::SendMQMessage:#2127} Could not get the message queue handle from the cache. Attempting to open a new queue handle.
31    10:07:31.366     [3412]    (AgentClientBroker)    <1712>    EV:H    {CArchivingAgentQueue::SendMQMessage} (Exit) Status: [The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.  (0xc00e0003)]
32    10:07:31.366     [3412]    (AgentClientBroker)    <1712>    EV:H    {CArchivingAgentQueue::SynchronizeSystemEx:#4930}  - Failed to post message to queue, error = 0xC00E0003
33    10:07:31.366     [3412]    (AgentClientBroker)    <1712>    EV:H    {CAAQ::SynchronizeSystemEx} (Exit) Status: [The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.  (0xc00e0003)]

What can i do?

Thank you

Daniele

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Daniele

Could it be the disk where MSMQ folder is located has specific permissions?

Can you verify the VSA is in the Local Administrator group on that server? Have you also run Deployment Scanner to see if that reports issues?

Good luck!

Regards. Gertjan

Hi Gertjan.

Disk has default permission (FullControl to MSMQ).

VSA is Local Administrator of server. Deployment scanner do not report any issues.

Any other idea?

Thank you.

Daniele

GertjanA

Hello Daniele,

There is another post describing the exact same thing. See https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/Strange-issue-Sync-failing/td-p/189480

This points to 2 possible issues.

1 - The EV system mailbox (used in the task) is hidden from address list. Use the SMTP address, see if that works.

2 - Not all queues are created when adding the new task. Stop all EV services, then start them again. That should create all queues. If that does not work, you might want to try a reboot of the EV server, just to be sure.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi Gertjan.

SystemMailbox associated with EV Service Account is visible on GAL.

I've reinstalled MSMQ, rebooted the server but problem persist.

Daniele

Hi Gertjan.

After a lot of work, now i can start Archiving Task.

I had to manally recreated all a1-a7 and admin queue based on error message into dtrace log.

Now problem is different.

I will open a new thread for this.

Thank you.

Daniele

GertjanA

Hello Daniele,

Manually creating the MSMQ is not going to work. If a restart of services, or a reboot does not create the proper queues you need to reinstall the OS. I have seen this once at a customer. After troubleshooting for 4 hours, we decided to rebuild the server (luckily it was a VM, so quickly done) then reinstalled EV, then queues got created.

Regards. Gertjan