cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExchangeMailboxEntry table status.

Gurmeet_Kohli
Level 4

Hello Guys,

Can some on help me with the White paper or Tech Note as what does 'ExchangeMailboxEntry' has in it.

To my understanding it has the info of all the Provisional mailbox entry in it.

Now I need to make some clear understanding of the table and the Exchange Provisional group.

1. When I enable a user for archive his entry is listed in ExchangeMailboxEntry after he is provision.

2. When I delete the users account from AD and MS Exchange but the Inactive Archive stays in Enterprise Vault Server what will happen

a. Will ExchangeMailboxEntry table retain the archive info 

b. Will it remove the infomation after Provison task is completed.

c. If yes then how do I take the count of the Inactive archive with the DN value (so I can check which OU the archive belongs).

I tried the script 

Select * from archive where archivename not in (select a.archivename from archive a,exchangemailboxentry b where a.archivename = b.mbxdisplayname)

Which shows inactive archive but I would like to add the DN vaule coloum from another table, secound I also ran the script as 

Select count (*) from Archive -  which shows me list total archives. (Active and Inactive).

Regards,

Gurmeet Singh Kohli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Like I said, once the entry is removed from ExchangeMailboxEntry you can't use the LegacyExchangeDN to query EV as the EME table is the ONLY table that contains the DN The ExchangeMailboxEntry table is updated by the Provisioning task which by default runs once a day automatically or you can set it to run twice a day, and you can also run it manually To get a list of inactive mailboxes run the following query SELECT MbxDisplayName, LegacyMbxDN FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE PolicyTargetGroupEntryId IS NULL
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'm not sure i have all the answers for you but could we take one step back and ask what are you trying to accomplish?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

You could delete the ExchangeMailboxEntry table and let provisioning rebuild it. Thats a fairly normal process to tidy that table up.

Just take backups, and delete the rows not the actual table :)

JesusWept3
Level 6

So the user will be removed from provisioning i think after 7 failed attempts and the user no longer exists in Active Directory

Best bet for a query is

SELECT MbxDisplayName, LegacyMbxDN
FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE PolicyTargetGroupEntryId IS NULL

This will get you all mailboxes that are no longer provisioned.
However once the entry is deleted from the ExchangeMailboxEntry, you won't have the LegacyMbxDN listed anywhere else, so your best bet maybe to just build your own database and table and simply have it copy the ExchangeMailboxEntry table, 

so Copy the entries in to a #temp table
then loop over them, if the user doesn't exist in the destination table, add the entry
if the user does exist, then simply update the table

JesusWept3
Level 6

I think the thing he's after is to keep an active record of users, so he *doesn't* want the Table to be cleared

Gurmeet_Kohli
Level 4

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your response.

To add to the above questions I would like to know is when does/how does the "ExchangeMailoxEntry" table gets updated.

2. I've deleted the AD + Exchange mailbox account of the user. Now from the 'ExchangeMailoxEntry' table I use the DN value to find the OU location of the inactive Archive.

Right now the count shows only Active archive present.

How do I get the count of the Inactive archives with OU locations.

or which table has the DN vaule listed.

3. Any Tech Note which explains how 'ExchangeMailboxEntry' table works or How it gets updated.

Regards,

Gurmeet Singh Kohli

JesusWept3
Level 6
Like I said, once the entry is removed from ExchangeMailboxEntry you can't use the LegacyExchangeDN to query EV as the EME table is the ONLY table that contains the DN The ExchangeMailboxEntry table is updated by the Provisioning task which by default runs once a day automatically or you can set it to run twice a day, and you can also run it manually To get a list of inactive mailboxes run the following query SELECT MbxDisplayName, LegacyMbxDN FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE PolicyTargetGroupEntryId IS NULL

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just a thought, you may want to clarify the statement to 'delete the table'.

In other words, like JW3 says, CLEAR the table.

I know it may seem like common sense, and it was more than likely a typo, to most but better safe than sorry.