cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude attachments (like mp3, avi or zip) from e-mail archiving

Marco_Barbara
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Is it possible to exclude as example mp3 from e-mail archiving ? could this be done with EVPM ? Thanks for feedback.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Check the section on Custom Filters in the Vault Admin help. It can be a challenge to get it going, but (inserting shameless plug here==>) we offer this as part of our services. ;)

regards,
Tony
tsterling at exchangetek.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I've seen it done only with filters. You can have Symantec create a filter to delete specific attachments from emails before archiving.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Check the section on Custom Filters in the Vault Admin help. It can be a challenge to get it going, but (inserting shameless plug here==>) we offer this as part of our services. ;)

regards,
Tony
tsterling at exchangetek.com

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Hey Tony,

Do you code bug fixes too. =P

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I wish. :) Although I heard through the rumor mill that symantec hired something like 100 new engineers to work on the software for EV. Course I bet a lot of that is through acquisition like IMlogic and all...but at least headcount is headcount.

Back on the track of this thread tho...you may very well want to get symantec to help you write those filters, they can be kinda tricky. There's some examples in the admin (I think) guide, but implement them wrong and you can hurt yaself (expecially if you're running CA for complaince and can't handle downtime).

micah