Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion settings reverted to default

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'm experiencing the following issue on a brand new client deployment

ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion are reverting to default. I'm aware that this is normal behaviour if I remove ANY of the default values, as per the technote below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO58201

"When you remove some file types using ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion, they are automatically replaced upon restarting the storage service"

However, I'm not removing any of the default values, but ADDING some, namely

.ZIP.PDF.7z.M4A.BAK.COM.RAR.

so the whole registry key looks like

.ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.

DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF

.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.

MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG

.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.

VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.ZIP.PDF.7z.M4A.BAK.COM.RAR.

Storage Services is restarted after applying the values, however, and for some reason, it reverts back to default

.ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.

DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF

.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.

MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG

.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.

VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.

No services are being restarted that might cause the return to default settings. Also, we have been unable to pinpoint when the value is being changed back. This is the ONLY registry setting being affected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi all,

I am said backline engineer and you got to the same ballpark so good work there smiley.

This is actually resident in any version of EV but just happens to be hit earlier in EV 10.0.4. due to additional extensions being added to the list in that version. I have just published the technical article which outlines the issue fuller and the workaround I gave Andres along with the fact that we will be addressing this in a future version of the product.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH214026

Regards.....Paul.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Forgot to mention. No AV product or monitoring software is installed on this server. Think of it of a as-vanilla-as-possible Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Standard Edition server

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

what version of Enterprise Vault are you using?

Your best bet to find out when/what is reverting it is to set up ProcMon and filter on the registry key itself, and then you will see whether its StorageService.exe etc or something else.

I tested this on 10 SP4 and restarted the storage service and those same exclusions that you've set and it remained intact without issues.

Don't suppose this EV server is part of a cluster?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Oh, forgot to mention that.

Enterprise Vault 10.0.4.

I believe the settings revert after the start of a scheduled archive run. But I ran a trace on it on two occasions and found nothing of the sort and on this instance the setting did not change. the truth of the matter is, if I change the setting at say 11 AM... and forget about it, then it will be back to defaults sometime later that day... and then you can see event log errors when trying to convert zip,rar and other files.

This is driving me insane. It makes no sense.

JesusWept3
Level 6

so you restart the storage service, it sticks, then you think as soon as storage starts archiving something and the convertersandbox kicks in, it reverts??

again, really the best way is to do a procmon and just have it filter for that one key so you're not overloaded with items to review

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks. Will try the procmon tomorrow when I'm back at the customer site.

I'm also strugling to get acceptable achiving performance... I'm only getting 600-800MB hour... but that is part of a different thread... and I blame exchange 2010!

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Andres,

Enterprise Vault Server is in Cluster ??

Kamil_Tatar
Level 3

Hello Anders,

I'm facing the same issue, please let us know when you know anything more. In my enviroment EV is not in Cluster and ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion is changing when I restart Enterprise Vault Admin Service (which is restarting all EV services). EV is installed on Win2k8R2 SP1 Datacenter.

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

currently monitoring this. The EV server is not in a cluster.

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I wonder, and this is a very long shot.. what IF

the storage service (or whatever the process is) is searching for the ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion value on the incorrect location at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault

(this key exist, but the value doesn't)

instead of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault

And when it doesn't find it, it creates the overwrite value at the correct location, with the resulting overwriting of the desired data.

I have setup audit on the desired registry key.

Kamil_Tatar
Level 3

Hi,

That will be very strange. In my installation

EV HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault

doesn't contains ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion key it is present only in 

and I dont have any idea why this key exists in your instalation -> did You created it manually at ...SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault location ?

Today - it is strange too - when i've changed ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion value and restarted Admin Service the value is not changing. I'm preparing some data to archive and I'll run File System Archiving Task to find what exaclly is changing value.

Kamil_Tatar
Level 3

I think that EVConverterSandbox.exe is changing value of this key.

After running procmon.exe with filter "Path is HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault" and monitoring registry (via regedit) when value is changed EvconverterSandbox had only access "All Access" to this key.

There are couple proccess trying to access HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault keys but result is "NAME NOT FOUND" (info_1.png)

Maybe someone from symantec know why is that ?

Also strange behavior is that key value is sometimes changed when I restart Admin Service and sometimes when FSArchivigTask is begins processing files.

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

My earlier post was not clear

the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault

key exists, and should exist on your system. the ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion not in there (nor in my system or anyone else's I think). this is located here

My suggestion what that some 32bit process was looking for it at the 32 bit location, doesn't find it, and recreates the defautl values on the 64bit reg key, overwritting what has been set there.

Now, my audit indicates it was StorageArchive.exe that changed the value, as shown by the event log entry

Event ID:      4657
Task Category: Registry
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Audit Success
User:          N/A
Computer:      EVServer.domain.local
Description:
A registry value was modified.

Subject:
                Security ID:                         domain\vsa
                Account Name:                 svcevadmin
                Account Domain:                             domain
                Logon ID:                             0x2eaae4b4

Object:
                Object Name:                    \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault
                Object Value Name:       ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion
                Handle ID:                           0x58c
                Operation Type:                               Existing registry value modified

Process Information:
                Process ID:                          0x10c4
                Process Name:                  C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\StorageArchive.exe

Change Information:
                Old Value Type:                                REG_SZ
                Old Value:                           .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.ZIP.PDF.7z.M4A.BAK.COM.RAR.
                New Value Type:                             REG_SZ
                New Value:                        .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.

I can confirm that this also occurs on 10.0.4 with Cumulative Hotfix 1. I installed it last night and results are the same. This system is a fresh install, not sure it this occurs on an upgraded system.

Steps to reproduce the issue. Note that it does not occur all the time

1. Run a manual archive (archive and shorcut processing)
  2. Wait for a scheduled archive run to occur

I can also confirm this does not occur on EV 10.0.1.1171 or 10.0.2.1112.

JesusWept3
Level 6

What version of EV and Windows are you using?
Nothing should be in the 64bit key (SOFTWARE\KVS) as opposed to the 32bit (SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KVS) , all 32bit applications should be redirected to wow6432Node as part of the registry virtualization

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Ok, I've reproduced this on my lab.

I setup a trace on the following

EVConverterSandbox

StorageArchive

StorageServer

Also, used procmon to monitor any registry activity that matches ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion.

I reproduced the issue and here's what I find.

ProcMon indicates the registry entry was changed at 12:20:53.1598804 PM

The trace indicates the following at that time

916 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L CADODataAccess::CreateCommand exit. hr=Success  (0)
917 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L Add fingerprint [1F7F7DE966CD7383EFB086AFDCCF217F7F692F9C53F00CBE7A86F8CC2E3C714156sDACD9] to fingerprint catalog query...
918 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:M CFPCDBHelper::HexDecode - entering function
919 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:M CFPCDBHelper::HexDecode - prepend 2 zeros
920 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:M CFPCDBHelper::HexDecode - finally hex decode the string
921 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:M CFPCDBHelper::HexDecode - entering function
922 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:M CFPCDBHelper::HexDecode - prepend 3 zeros
923 12:20:53.156  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:M CFPCDBHelper::HexDecode - finally hex decode the string
924 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L uspu_Share10Fingerprints result: hrSPCall=0x00000000; retval=0x00000000; TxSuccessfulCount=2
925 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CFingerprintCatalogueDatabase::ShareSISParts} (Entry)
926 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L CADODataAccess::GetParameterValue returned a value of VARTYPE 2
927 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L Sharer found for SisPart [0] [fingerprint=1F7F7DE966CD7383EFB086AFDCCF217F7F692F9C53F00CBE7A86F8CC2E3C714156sDACD9, ParentTransactionId=00E5A36E-F644-599C-7D48-38A2868EC221]
928 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CFingerprintCatalogueDatabase::AggregateReportingData} (Entry)
929 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L CFingerprintCatalogueDatabase::AggregateReportingData Information: Reporting aggregation SP will not be executed based on random number generation.
930 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CFingerprintCatalogueDatabase::AggregateReportingData} (Exit) Status: [Success]
931 12:20:53.159  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CFingerprintCatalogueDatabase::ShareSISParts} (Exit) Status: [Success]
932 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CFingerprintCatalogueDatabase::ShareSISParts} (Exit) Status: [Success]
933 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CFingerprintCatalogueInstance::ShareSISParts} (Exit) Status: [Success]
934 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CEVFingerprintCatalogueAccessor::ShareSISParts} (Exit) Status: [Success]
935 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CSavesetSISData::ShareSISParts} (Exit) Status: [Success]
936 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CSavesetSISData::BuildInsertSISParts} (Entry)
937 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CSavesetSISData::SetInsertRetentionPeriodEndDate} (Entry)
938 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L CPartitionProperties::CPartitionProperties - vsId = [1], partitionId = [0]
939 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CWORMDeviceHelper::IsWORMDevice:#56} Device [is not] WORM.
940 12:20:53.160  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:L {CSavesetSISData::SetInsertRetentionPeriodEndDate} (Exit) Status: [Success]

Nothing.

But at 12:20:53.163

971 12:20:53.163  [2892] (StorageArchive) <4240> EV:H {CContentConverter::GetRegistryValues}|Indexable Item Builder settings|Covernote content handling: 0|Use Hebrew in Text conversions: False|Use Hebrew in HTML conversions: False|Convert Content: True|Convert Excel to Text: True|Convert Word to Text: False|Excluded File Types: .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.|Text File Types: |Conversion Timeout(secs): 600|Max consecutive conversions: 1000|Convert Using Redirected Input: True|Convert Using Redirected Output: True|Log File Type Not Recognised Events: FAL

So it already has gone "funny".. that is missing the values we setup for our test (.ZIP.BAK.COM.RAR.)

At the end of the trace we get the following

Registry info

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault
 Driver   (SZ) SQL Server
 DriverVersion   (SZ) 3.50.0305
 SynchroniseFSASharePermissions   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
 ClientAuthenticationWellKnownSids   (MULTI_SZ) S-1-1-0,S-1-5-11
 SiteID   (SZ) 14149B254633A514E91EB8F19769621AB1d10000archive
 GSWExpressPolicyConfigurationDone   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
 GSWExecution   (DWORD) 1  [0x1]
 ConvertRTFCoverToText   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 HebrewText   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 HebrewHTML   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 BypassConversions   (DWORD) 0  [0x0]
 ConvertExcelToText   (SZ) 1
 ConvertWordToText   (SZ) 0
 ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion   (SZ) .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.
 ConversionTimeout   (SZ) 10

So it indicates is using default values. Also note that is reading these from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault, which is the wrong location.

So as a test. I setup the ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion value on the key above and restart EV services. No changes

Setup a trace and perform a run now archive task, and get the same result. Values are set and reverted to default

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Ok.

I performed another series of tests. This time I added extensions one by one

.ZIP. - OK

.ZIP.PDF. - OK

.ZIP.PDF.M4A. - OK

.ZIP.PDF.M4A.TEST. - This time Storage Crawler reset the value to defaults.

I believe the leght of the ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion string value is causing the issue. Up to M4A it was 509 Characters long... takes it to 514...

As per my original post, adding .ZIP.PDF.7z.M4A.BAK.COM.RAR. would take it 524 Characters long...

I have verified the lenght on two other customer sites, and they are 506 and 507 characters long, and maybe the reason why they don't experience the issue with their implementations. Albeit they are also NOT running 10.0.4.

Anyone cares to test and confirm?

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Customer site

• Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard Edition
  • Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 CUH1

Lab

• Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard Edition
  • Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 (upgraded from 10.0.3)

Agree with you Jesus.. I don't know why this thing is searching for the values under the Software\KVS key. But don't shoot the messenger... that's what the Dtrace indicates

I noticed My previous post is incomplete. I'll update now.

Kamil_Tatar
Level 3

Hi Andres,

That is great what you are doing debugging this, I'll check on mine envoroment what you wrote in last post and let you know.

However in EV documentation placed: here C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Documentation\En\Registry_Values.chm and here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6592 i found something interesting:

Description

If you find that some types of item cause conversion problems, you can prevent those types of item from being converted. The item attributes are indexed in the usual way and the item is archived in its native format but not converted to HTML. Users cannot preview those items that have been converted to HTML.

ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion lists all the file types that are not currently converted. You can modify the list as required to specify further file types that you do not want to be converted to HTML.

The Storage Service needs to be restarted in order to use any new registry value.

When you remove some file types using ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion, they are automatically replaced upon restarting the storage service.

The file types that are automatically replaced are the following:

ASF ASX BIN BMP BP C2D CBT CCD CDI CHM CIF DAO DWI EML EVT FCD FDM FP GCD GI GTS HLP IMG ISO MDF MDS MPP MSO NRG OLE PAB PDI POI PUB PXI SNP TAO WMV Z01 Z02 Z03 Z04 Z05 Z06 Z07 Z08 Z09 Z10

and the EML file type is not in default reg vaule but it is not also replaced, I'll check this too.

Maybe, I don't know, some application element checks current registry vaule with these old file types and replaces with default which is different than that one in documentation.

Kamil_Tatar
Level 3

Hi,

I'm after couple of tests and I would like to share with you results.

Testing proces:

1. Change default reg value

2. Restart "Storage Service"

3. Run Archiving Task

4. Varify drace log reg key value 

5. Varify regedit key value

Test A:

Ad.1. Add "IMP.PTX." into ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion

Ad.2. OK

Ad.3. OK

Ad.4.  It seems to be ok (string length: 504 chars) value not changed

3818 10:30:30.301  [11964] (StorageCrawler) <6348> EV:H {CContentConverter::GetRegistryValues}|Indexable Item Builder settings|Covernote content handling: 0|Use Hebrew in Text conversions: False|Use Hebrew in HTML conversions: False|Convert Content: True|Convert Excel to Text: True|Convert Word to Text: False|Excluded File Types: .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.IMP.PTX.|Text File Types: |Conversion Timeout(secs): 600|Max consecutive conversions: 1000|Convert Using Redirected Input: True|Convert Using Redirected Output: True|Log File Type Not Recognised Events: FALSE|Log Conversion Timeout Events: TRUE|Log Requested Allocation Size Too Large Events: TRUE|Convert RTF message covernote to text: FALSE

Test B:

Ad.1. Add "HLS." into ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion

Ad.2. OK

Ad.3. OK

Ad.4. Ad.4.  It seems to be ok (string length: 508 chars) value not changed 

23204 10:36:09.853  [7416] (StorageCrawler) <9384> EV:H {CContentConverter::GetRegistryValues}|Indexable Item Builder settings|Covernote content handling: 0|Use Hebrew in Text conversions: False|Use Hebrew in HTML conversions: False|Convert Content: True|Convert Excel to Text: True|Convert Word to Text: False|Excluded File Types: .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.IMP.PTX.HLS.|Text File Types: |Conversion Timeout(secs): 600|Max consecutive conversions: 1000|Convert Using Redirected Input: True|Convert Using Redirected Output: True|Log File Type Not Recognised Events: FALSE|Log Conversion Timeout Events: TRUE|Log Requested Allocation Size Too Large Events: TRUE|Convert RTF message covernote to text: FALSE

Test C:

Ad.1. Add "ZIP." into ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion

Ad.2. OK

Ad.3. OK

Ad.4. Values changed ! (string length came back to default: 496 chars) after adding "ZIP." string size was 512 chars.

30824 10:38:20.515  [6112] (StorageCrawler) <11308> EV:H {CContentConverter::GetRegistryValues}|Indexable Item Builder settings|Covernote content handling: 0|Use Hebrew in Text conversions: False|Use Hebrew in HTML conversions: False|Convert Content: True|Convert Excel to Text: True|Convert Word to Text: False|Excluded File Types: .ABS.AIF.AIFC.AIFF.ASC.ASF.ASX.AU.AVI.BIN.BMP.BP.C2D.CBT.CCD.CD.CDI.CHM.CIF.CUR.DAT.DAO.DVS.DWI.ENC.ENT.EVT.FCD.FDM.FP.GCD.GI.GIF.GTS.HLP.ICO.IMG.ISO.JFI.JFIF.JIF.JPE.JPEG.JPG.JTF.JP2.JPX.JPF.MJ2.M1V.M2V.M3U.MDF.MDS.MID.MKV.MMM.MOD.MODV.MOO.MOOV.MOV.MP2.MP3.MP4.MPA.MPE.MPEG.MPEGA.MPEGV.MPG.MPM.MPP.MPV.MSO.NRG.OLE.PAB.PDI.PF.PGP.PJPEG.PLS.PNG.POI.PST.PUB.PXI.QT.QTM.QTW.RA.RAM.RAW.RM.RMI.RMJ.RMX.RP.RV.SND.SNP.SWA.SWF.TAO.TIF.TIFF.VDO.VIV.VSF.WAV.WMA.WMV.Z01.Z02.Z03.Z04.Z05.Z06.Z07.Z08.Z09.Z10.|Text File Types: |Conversion Timeout(secs): 600|Max consecutive conversions: 1000|Convert Using Redirected Input: True|Convert Using Redirected Output: True|Log File Type Not Recognised Events: FALSE|Log Conversion Timeout Events: TRUE|Log Requested Allocation Size Too Large Events: TRUE|Convert RTF message covernote to text: FALSE

Andres you were right.

Question is why it was changed ?

Kamil_Tatar
Level 3

I've just made a question to our EV support team.