cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Archive Failed (During Initializing Exporter Engine)

NJC
Level 3

Forgive me.. its last thing on a Friday and I've just been asked to set up an export..

I have a W7 machine with the EVAC on (EV8SP4). I have been asked to export an archive to a different mailbox. If I run this from the EV server itself with EVAC it's fine, so I know I'm missing something quite obvious regarding rights or permissions. I'm using the same AD user account for the process.

When I click to start the export I get:

Export Archive failed

Check that the computer xxx is available

Error: A security package specific error occurred.

Any pointers gratefully received.. I'm sure it is uber simple.. Both firewalls are off. Admin privs on each machine etc..

Thanks, 

Nickcx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i just tried to replicate this in my lab and everything worked fine. granted, i'm using EV 10SP1 but the admin console is on win7 like yours. i actually have the firewall enabled with rules allowing DCOM TCP/UDP port 135. i was logged in using the EV service account and then also using a Power Administrator.

does export to PST work from the remote computer? to clarify, are you using the export option "export a single archive to a chosen mailbox" ? maybe if you dtrace ExportArchiveWizard it'll point you to some useful information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Im not even sure you can do the Exports/Imports on the VAC on a stand alone machine, but to be honest i've never tried

But check your Security Logs , see if there are any errors there that might indicate any issues regarding kerberos, on the EV Server you're targeting, have a look in the system logs to see if there are any DCOM errors being presented and also the security logs

Also you have got the right level of permissions through the Authorization Manager correct?

And on Windows 7 do you have UAC enabled?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i just tried to replicate this in my lab and everything worked fine. granted, i'm using EV 10SP1 but the admin console is on win7 like yours. i actually have the firewall enabled with rules allowing DCOM TCP/UDP port 135. i was logged in using the EV service account and then also using a Power Administrator.

does export to PST work from the remote computer? to clarify, are you using the export option "export a single archive to a chosen mailbox" ? maybe if you dtrace ExportArchiveWizard it'll point you to some useful information.