cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Archive File Created

PowerGuy
Not applicable

Hello!

Recently we migrated from EV9 to EV11.  This went pretty smooth.  We had a handful of mailboxes not have their shortcuts updated to point to the new servers.  We have been following a process that, exported the archive to PST, deleted shortcuts, deleted archive, imported PST.  Now there are many steps that I did not include there.  We have been using this process for a few months and have not had a single issue.  I attempted the exact same process for a user.  This time instead of placing all items back in their "Retention Folders", it created a new folder and placed all items in there.  If I look at their Vault through the web page, the "Retention Folders" are now located under a folder called "Lastname, Firstname -Export Archive PST File".  This is the same folder structure that was created in Outlook when the PST was imported.  If I try to store an item in the original location of where the vault was prior to the export\import, I get a message stating that I do not have permission to store items in the Vault that is used for this folder.  I assume I am getting this due to the fact that iin the Properties of that folder> Enterprise Vault Tab, the Vault is "Unknown".  I see no errors or warnings in the Event log of the server indicating that something went wrong.

My goal:  

Restore this user's Vault so the the root folder is Retention Folders

Enable the user to be able to store new items in the Retention Folder

Remove any trace that Lastname, Firstname -Export Archive PST File existed

I understand that this may not be the clearest.  I have included a few screenshots in this document.  Hopefully they help.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So it looks to me like when you did the import it you chose to create a top level folder with the name of the PST instead of putting them on the mailbox root.  

I guess you could run the export wizard and choose to export the items beneath that folder.  You can also choose delete those items so it will remove them from their archive. You can then import that pst again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So it looks to me like when you did the import it you chose to create a top level folder with the name of the PST instead of putting them on the mailbox root.  

I guess you could run the export wizard and choose to export the items beneath that folder.  You can also choose delete those items so it will remove them from their archive. You can then import that pst again. 

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

just out of curiosity, how many archives are you dealing with in total and how did you migrate them?

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

This happens when you don't chose to "merge" psts when importing.  YOu can do the export, delete the folder in the archive and reimport using the "merge' option to ensure that it doesnt' create separate folder entries for each PST.